Posted by tbird9423 on 6/30/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
I see two points and think most people would agree:
1. JDNO is following the rules so stine's complaint should be with the rules committee and no one else and
2. Anyone who wants to with only one team in a world can view JDNO as having an unfair advantage and can put asterisks next to his teams in the future.
My third point I imagine I am the only one who would agree with is:
3. If JDNO operates in this fashion, I don't want to play in the world's he plays in... which is why this game is stuck. Anyone for a new world with only one team and no baseline prestige yet?
1. Agreed (I can't believe I actually agree with Tbird on anything, could mean the apocalypse is near).
2. Why asterisks? As you said in your first point, he's playing within the rules set up by WiS. Anyone else has the exact same option.
3. A new world might be fun, but there are so many Sim teams in all the other worlds, WiS will probably never open a new world. Nor should they at this point.
Continuing this point, realistically, how would you go about stopping a coach from having two teams if he really wanted them? Say someone wants two teams, they purchase one with their credit card using their IP address. Second step, have a friend purchase a team for you, using his credit card and his IP address. If the coach never makes mention of the fact that he's controlling two teams, he'll never get caught. So, how do you stop that? See, THOSE are the coaches that people like Stein should be worrying about, the under the radar coaches. Not the coaches who are up front about their ID's. The guys that are out in the open should be the LEAST of anyone's concern, simply because since they ARE known, they are much easier to watch and see if anything underhanded is going on. Unfortunately, there seem to be a handful of hall monitors on here that just can't quite grasp that concept. Thay want to go after the "out in the open" guys, while the underground coaches sit back and laugh their ***** off.