Pitcher only recovering from 1% of fatigue per day Topic

So, I have a prospect pitcher on my AAA team that hasn't pitched all year and didn't pitch any in spring training that started the year at about 72% fatigue, and is currently at 79(80).  I've tried putting him on the inactive list, etc... and he is in my starting rotation, but is skipped every time that his turn has come up.

I'm fine with just sitting and waiting, but I am curious as to what may have caused this slow recovery time.

Here's the player in question: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5403502
7/1/2013 2:14 AM (edited)
He played three games as an outfielder, and now simmy is calculating his fatigue as if he were a position player. Unfortunately there is only one durability rating, though fatigue is calculated differently for position players and pitchers.
7/1/2013 4:22 AM
Wow.  I hadn't noticed that he had played as an outfielder...

Thanks for the info!

-Wall
7/1/2013 4:40 AM
Does anybody know what happens if you pitch a guy like this?  Does he go back to pitcher-type recovery?  Or does he just get more fatigued and continue to recover one percent per day?  Becuase this guy's a real prospect, and you're going to lose a critical season of development if you can only pitch him three times all season.
7/1/2013 10:51 AM
I'd definitely try throwing him as a RP with a PC of like 10-15 and make sure I had a fully stocked AAA OF so simmy wouldn't play him there again.
7/1/2013 11:33 AM
Well, for those of you wondering, I decided to wait until he was around 90%, then promoted him to my ML starting rotation.  He started his first game, went 6 innings and got the win.  He then went back to pitcher-type recovery, and has pitched a total of two games, winning both of them, with a great ERA, although it's a tiny sample size.

Thanks for all of the help!
7/8/2013 4:47 AM
Pitcher only recovering from 1% of fatigue per day Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.