MikeT Consulting, Inc. Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Glenn Herman is working great in RF.

But now I have a good/bad problem to have... Too many stud bats, w/ not enough corners to squeeze them all in...

so I'm thinking about going w/ a slow pitch softball lineup vs Lefties.  Just traded for Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dave Reagan

So, versus lefties I feel like I gotta get Herman & Reagan in the lineup, along with
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jerry Rucker
and
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Paulie Haywood

I'm thinking Haywood at 3B, Rucker in LF, Reagan at 1B, & Herman in RF.  I've been playing 1B Haywood, LF Rucker, & RF Herman most of the season, but with the addition of Reagan I want all 4 of those bats in my VLHP lineup.  My biggest concern is Haywood at 3B, obviously. Think he'll hurt me too much to be worth the experiment? (I'm having a great season w/out Reagan- 2nd in RS in NL & 3rd in RA... so "ain't broke, don't fix it" could very well apply here!)

Thoughts?
7/1/2013 5:43 PM
VLHP splits on the season, FWIW:
Rucker: .331/.436/.531
Haywood: .409/.485/.704 (!)
Herman: .278/.368/.474
Reagan: .279/.391/.483
7/1/2013 5:47 PM
Haywood at 3B would be a disaster.   With DUR 75-81, it will be difficult to get all of them enough AB.  

You could try Haywood at 3B but I don't think your pitchers will like you very much.
7/1/2013 5:48 PM
I CONCUR
7/1/2013 5:59 PM
As Mike points out, most of the time you can just rest one of them. 

I kind of think the least bad slow-pitch softball lineup is actually Herman at C, Haywood in RF, especially since all your SPs have GB/FB >= 75, making it hard to hide Haywood's glove in the infield even one day out of 5.
7/1/2013 6:34 PM
Posted by dedelman on 7/1/2013 6:34:00 PM (view original):
As Mike points out, most of the time you can just rest one of them. 

I kind of think the least bad slow-pitch softball lineup is actually Herman at C, Haywood in RF, especially since all your SPs have GB/FB >= 75, making it hard to hide Haywood's glove in the infield even one day out of 5.
Enter Gabe Mitchell    

Solid real catcher with pretty great PC rating.
Herman at C would be tough to pull off with Mitchell on the squad.
7/2/2013 12:54 AM
Yeah, I was about to make petty much the same comment mchalesarmy did.

Mitchell's been struggling vs Righties, so I'm ok playing Herman at C vsR some, but Mitchell's CRUSHING lefties though
7/3/2013 12:43 PM
Herman hasn't been hitting lefties as well as the other 3 guys, so I'm thinking 1B Reagan, LF Haywood, RF Rucker for a little while & see what happens.

Rucker in RF goes against MikeT's RF arm over rg/glv theory, but it's RF...
7/3/2013 12:47 PM
MikeT Consulting, Inc. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.