How to use Kris Medlen 2012? Topic

I have about 1800 inning in my progressive and am really unsure of how to use Kris Medlen.

Pitching 138 innings, he appeared in 50 games for the Braves and started 12. He was lights out.

Do I start him, use him in long relief, or make him the closer?

What do you all think?
7/2/2013 12:19 AM
His IP/G is 2.76 - so he definitely can't start, but with 138 IP and a 0.91 WHIP I would set his pitch count  to go 2 innings a game and make him the closer. 
7/2/2013 7:51 AM
Tandem B. 40 pitches every third game or so, lower your SP's pitch count for that game, or pair Medlen with a low IP starter.
7/2/2013 1:23 PM (edited)
Could also make him your only Long A and bump up your starters' pull settings so he's used more often. If you have a decent offense, having him keep games close before a SP can get knocked around might be worth as many wins as having him close, and you'd be more certain to maximize his innings. That assumes that some of those 1800 innings are other good closers. If not, what italyprof said.
7/3/2013 12:47 AM
How to use Kris Medlen 2012? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.