Can you find what's wrong here? Topic

E.Quinones enters the game to pitch.

BH

E.Houston fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 1B. D.Ishikawa reaches on the throwing error.

E.Houston was injured on the previous play.

M.Frederick enters the game at C following an injury.

DP

J.Olivo strikes out looking.

DP

J.Barrios hits a shallow flyout to LF.

SB

D.Ishikawa steals 2B and E.Houston's throw sails into CF. All runners take an extra base.

E.Quinones is charged with a balk and all runners advance. D.Ishikawa scores.

M.Lewis grounds out to 1B.

7/6/2013 10:37 PM
Houston must have a darned good arm to get the ball into CF from the trainer's room.
7/6/2013 11:10 PM
Makes you wonder whether the sim considered Houston still in the game, or if it was just cosmetic putting his name in there.  Ironically, he's the backup/defensive replacement of the 2 catchers.
7/7/2013 10:09 AM
Did Houston get charged with the error, or did his replacement?
7/7/2013 10:40 AM
Houston did.  I guess I should have checked that.  Good call.

So it appears Houston was still in the game.  I sent in a ticket.  To which they'll probably respond "logistically, we can't do that mid-inning, etc."
7/7/2013 11:18 AM
Fun response to ticket:

7/7/2013 10:13 AM burnsy483
Small error in the play by play - See Houston's injury in the 6th - he's pulled from the game due to injury, and then makes a throwing error later in the inning.
7/7/2013 1:30 PM Customer Support
It is not saying that. He was injured while making the error throw to first and was then replaced.

E.Houston fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 1B. D.Ishikawa reaches on the throwing error.
7/7/2013 2:36 PM
Looks like you asked the wrong question. The problem occurs later in the inning when the catcher's throw goes to CF Nd all runners take an extra base. PBP says Houston, should be Frederick. But if it was not counted as a throwing error, I suppose it doesn't matter whose throw it was.
7/7/2013 2:54 PM
I did not ask the wrong question.  I said he was pulled from the game, and then made a throwing error.  I was correct.

It was counted as a throwing error by Houston, as I stated earlier.

7/7/2013 3:02 PM
How many errors was Houston credited with?  Looks like he had one on the play in which he got injured.  Who got charged with the error on the SB attempt?  A second error for Houston, or did Frederick get charged with an error?

Sometimes, you need to spell things out in painful detail for CS.  While you know what you are trying to say, you often need to connect all the dots in tickets because you don't know who's going to read it and respond.

Here's how I would have worded it:

"Good morning.  Please refer to the top of the fifth inning of the 7/6 PM2 game.  E. Houston was injured and removed from the game during D. Ishikawa's at bat.  But three plays after he was removed from the game, he is credited in the play-by-play with a throwing error during Ishikawa's steal attempt.  I believe that error should have been charged to his replacement, M Frederick.  Looks like a bug in the engine that you may want to look into.  Thanks."
7/7/2013 3:38 PM
What I also meant was that on the stolen base, the throw went into CF and all the runners moved up but it doesn't specifically say that a throwing error was charged.  Was one?  Should one not have been?

7/7/2013 3:55 PM
Or "What's the deal here?"

E.Quinones enters the game to pitch.  
BH E.Houston fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 1B. D.Ishikawa reaches on the throwing error.

DP J.Olivo strikes out looking.

DP J.Barrios hits a shallow flyout to LF.

SB D.Ishikawa steals 2B and E.Houston's throw sails into CF. All runners take an extra base.

E.Quinones is charged with a balk and all runners advance. D.Ishikawa scores.  
  M.Lewis grounds out to 1B.  
7/7/2013 3:56 PM
Posted by damag on 7/7/2013 3:55:00 PM (view original):
What I also meant was that on the stolen base, the throw went into CF and all the runners moved up but it doesn't specifically say that a throwing error was charged.  Was one?  Should one not have been?

Houston and Cincy had 2 errors in the game.   He was charged with one.

Even if he wasn't the PBP clearly states he threw a ball after being removed from the game.
7/7/2013 3:58 PM
Guys, it's clear as day.  I said he had a throwing error after he was pulled.  And he did.  They stopped reading the PBP and assumed I was a moron.

And yes, Houston had 2 errors that inning.
7/7/2013 8:39 PM (edited)
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/7/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Guys, it's clear as day.  I said he had a throwing error after he was pulled.  And he did.  They stopped reading the PBP and assumed I was a moron.

That sounds about right.  It does depend on who you get though, because I have had a few good experiences with support tickets.
7/7/2013 8:47 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/7/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):

Assuming you're a moron is a pretty safe bet.
7/7/2013 9:20 PM
123 Next ▸
Can you find what's wrong here? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.