Can you find what's wrong here? Topic

In my few dealings with WifS, almost all of them are complete morons.  But interesting topic, I have never actually read the play by play from any of my games.  I just look at the final score and move to the next game. 
7/11/2013 12:47 PM
If you don't read the PBP, how can you determine exactly how effective your true you-know-what is doing?
7/11/2013 5:11 PM
Easy, look at his card for season stats.  Not too bright are we?
7/11/2013 5:51 PM
FWIW, I got this response today.

7/16/2013 10:02 AM Customer Support
Nice find. We have corrected. It will be in the next engine update.

Thanks
7/16/2013 11:02 AM
Posted by rangerup on 7/11/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
In my few dealings with WifS, almost all of them are complete morons.  But interesting topic, I have never actually read the play by play from any of my games.  I just look at the final score and move to the next game. 
In such a short time you went from "concerned about knuckleballs" to not even reading the PBP.

What a 180.
7/16/2013 11:38 AM
OK.  I had sent in a ticket in early May with a small suggestion to the sim.  Now, I understand it's a tiny request with little barring on the game, and you might even argue I'm wrong in my suggestion.  But I never got a response until today....2 and a half months and it hasn't been looked at?!?

Date User
5/2/2013 11:05 PM burnsy483
Very small possible edit to the sim - with runners on 2nd and 3rd, and defending a 1 run lead in the 9th, a manager rarely brings his infield in with 1 out, because any ground ball that gets past the infield likely ends the game. I feel most managers play the infield back, concede the run, and take the out.
7/17/2013 4:25 PM burnsy483
Just wanted to confirm this was read.
7/17/2013 4:37 PM Customer Support
It has been received but not reviewed yet. You will have a response once that has occurred. Thanks.
7/17/2013 5:18 PM
What cust. sup. is saying is that Houston got inj on the first throw, he did not leave the game until he had the 2nd bad throw. The inj did occur on the first throw but he tried to play through it. They just placed the information about Frederick, replacing him following the injury information. It just was telling you that after the injury, Houston sometime with in that inning was replalced by Frederick. Not when the injury first happen.
7/18/2013 9:29 AM
The problem is the way the injuries are done. A lot of MLB players try to play through an injury, only later to to pulled. It should have read Houston was injured, then a few plays later he was removed and replaced at that moment with Frederick.
7/18/2013 9:38 AM
Posted by dodgersrays on 7/18/2013 9:29:00 AM (view original):
What cust. sup. is saying is that Houston got inj on the first throw, he did not leave the game until he had the 2nd bad throw. The inj did occur on the first throw but he tried to play through it. They just placed the information about Frederick, replacing him following the injury information. It just was telling you that after the injury, Houston sometime with in that inning was replalced by Frederick. Not when the injury first happen.
How can you possibly interpret the PBP and CS's response that way?
7/18/2013 9:39 AM
Posted by dodgersrays on 7/18/2013 9:29:00 AM (view original):
Pretty sure that's incorrect.  The computer did not replace him until after the half-inning.  They said they'll fix it.
7/18/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/17/2013 5:18:00 PM (view original):
OK.  I had sent in a ticket in early May with a small suggestion to the sim.  Now, I understand it's a tiny request with little barring on the game, and you might even argue I'm wrong in my suggestion.  But I never got a response until today....2 and a half months and it hasn't been looked at?!?

Date User
Very small possible edit to the sim - with runners on 2nd and 3rd, and defending a 1 run lead in the 9th, a manager rarely brings his infield in with 1 out, because any ground ball that gets past the infield likely ends the game. I feel most managers play the infield back, concede the run, and take the out.
It has been received but not reviewed yet. You will have a response once that has occurred. Thanks.
Still no response.  It's been 4 months.
9/4/2013 3:26 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 9/4/2013 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/17/2013 5:18:00 PM (view original):

Date User
Still no response.  It's been 4 months.
I'm guessing that there is just a small helpdesk of lackeys that read the tickets and write a response in based off of a script. If it's something they can't fix themselves, it gets escalated upwards and I am going to make a wild *** guess and say there aren't any engineers left or they are working on a different game. 
9/4/2013 3:49 PM
◂ Prev 123
Can you find what's wrong here? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.