Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

This is my attempt to bring order to what sometimes appears to be near chaos....lol. 
7/27/2013 4:45 PM
NOTICE - Guy's when you are commish of a draft league you start to see the patterns wrt when members draft. After doing this for a 2nd time I'm seeing the same patterns. I think we can make the draft more enjoyable with some changes to our scheduling. I propose this 1) draft M-F only, 10:00am-9:00pm (eastern), 2) 30 minute time slots and 3) 2 picks in rounds 9 & 10. This will cut the time to draft a team to about  two to two and a half weeks. Everyone gets to have 1 pick a day, no waiting a couple of days between picks. Hopefully not drafting on the weekend will reduce members being skipped. If we can make better use of the proxy system this should work well. Please come participate in a discussion in the CAfe. Thx.

A couple more things, 1) we can probably do away with the off-the-clock draft all together. 2) we could start the draft at the completion of the reg season or at the completion of the PO's. We should get a consensus on when the draft starts.

Oh, one more thing we won't need to SM, just draft @ your assigned time. If we can reduce the draft to a couple of weeks and everyone gets a pick a day, then why push the schedule.

Tell me what you think.....
7/27/2013 4:53 PM (edited)
Posted by steelers821 on 7/27/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
how are your teams doing with fouls doing i feel like my team fouls a ton. im trying to figure out weather its just my team or the 70s in general.
I got a 20/20 over here, bud! and it isn't my sight but my foul and turnovers per game. lol
7/27/2013 9:09 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/26/2013 9:37:00 PM (view original):
I am surprised that Dave Bing was still out there. He is a solid impact player in the 70's, with a 29.9 use%. and 49eFG%.  I'll be parking him @ SG, thx.
yeah, a steal for this late... as a matter of fact that's why I send you only one proxy haha I didn't wanna give you ideas...
7/27/2013 9:11 PM
well, I think we can reduce time slots after this round Smokey so we can finish the draft but you ought to give the 24 hours notice... so guys can get ready... I am fine now than Bernardo is back... that little weasel is very helpful and next week the Commander is bringing Prancer back!
7/27/2013 9:16 PM
Ok, everybody know's in the DDL all ideas matter. But for this particular subject it is best we only vote on my proposal, as outlined above. I see this matter come up in most draft leagues and not get a consensus on anything, then thing just continue unresolved. If we don't to a strong consensus, we can discuss other ways of organizing the draft or leave it as it is. It does work...
7/27/2013 9:20 PM
Nothing will change in the DDL#2 draft regardless. We will do 2 picks in the 9 & 10 rounds, as agreed upon on DDL#1.
7/27/2013 9:22 PM

Tang, I had Bing on the Board Lords in the ATBA, I was sweating bullets letting hang out there until the 6th round. But Dave can be dangerous and I had to put the right team in place before I took him. Now he's my dream @ SG...perfect. With so much ast% in my front court I could use a different approach to my back court. Bombs away....lol

7/27/2013 9:32 PM (edited)
Tang on the PF's we all got the same llist of players...the trick is to bring good FT%. Cuz we're gonna rub the strip off the floor in the 70's.
7/27/2013 9:40 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/27/2013 9:40:00 PM (view original):
Tang on the PF's we all got the same llist of players...the trick is to bring good FT%. Cuz we're gonna rub the strip off the floor in the 70's.
yep... the referees will work their behinds up in this decade for their money... one thing I am deadly curious is about usage most owners have done it poorly in the draft leagues I have seen... they dratft strong squads but have trouble fitting the pieces together...
7/27/2013 10:26 PM
I've had good success in the 70's by overloading my usage a bit. The 6 players I have put the team at 90fga/g, I should be able to run uptempo for the season w/o much penalty. By the time I have 19680 min's  I'll easliy pass 95 fga/g. Now I have 16,800 minutes w/6 players, my next two picks will put me over 20,000 min's. BTW - Bing goes to the strip alot - 615/772 (ftm/fta) IRL. That should offset some of my ka-zillion PF's.
7/28/2013 1:43 AM (edited)
The referee's in the 70's were a$$holes, and WTF is a reach-in foul anyway. I must have gotten called for that about a billion times. That was bull$hit, I never touched the sob...no really I didn't. lol
7/28/2013 2:08 AM
!@#$.

I made up a 10 player proxy list in preparation to go to the Lowell Folk Festival yesterday and put it aside to see if some more people would (@!#$ing) pick so I could pare that list down a bit before I left at about 11:00 AM.  Got distracted putting all my stuff together and forgot to send off the list.  I got home around 9:08 PM, opened my computer at 9:11 PM and found that I missed getting the player at the top of my proxy list by 2 (M*^^&*$%$#  #$#Q@#$ing ) minutes.
7/28/2013 7:51 AM
Sry, apple I know you've been great about sending a proxy. I waited on alec, then told everyone to go this morning, the first 2 pick were the next 2 players on my short list. Steele & Price...it's cry'n time in the DDL#2 draft...damn.
7/28/2013 3:37 PM
Apple save yourself some typing just use the term frack'n...we all pretty much know what it's a synonym for...lol btw - it's from the Battlestar Galactica sci-fi series.
7/28/2013 3:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Smokey's DDL CAfe - 'Closed' til DDL#3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.