Many of our favorite sim players come from the deadball era, or the modern era.
Many of us don't use many player seasons in the "mid century" years of 1925-1975.
Think of a league with no Joss, Hojo, Raines, Coleman, Carter, Cravath, Reulbach, .... A league where 75% of the most common cookies can't play.
I want to minimize the reason for playing fatigued players...
(1) - I ask that if you like to play players below 90% to not play in this league. I can not enforce this, but I ask that you obey the spirit of this league It's an honor system. Please respect it.
(2) - I require 1250 IP/162 and 5500 PA/162.
An $80m league. There's no DH. No clones. No WW. No trading. No live play. And no AAA. League will be randomly aligned.
Please keep in mind that there is no AAA. In open leagues, we count on getting a 100 or so IP and usually 600+ PA out of our AAA players. You probably need to spend some of that $80m on a real bench and 1350 or so IP, if you wish to stay within the requested 90% fatigue limitation. Again, I can't enforce this, but it is a suggestion.
This should make a team that's simple to build, but one in which many of the most common cookies are absent. HR's should be possible.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Most of the SP with miniscule WHIPS in this era come from the 1960's, and don't normalize very well.
- High OBP and high SB totals are a rare combination during this era
- Some incredible hitting seasons in the '20's and '30's, which again won't normalize very well
7/10/2013 9:05 AM (edited)