Griffey S28: Need a quick replacement Topic

We've just wrapped up the S27 playoffs, and we've got two confirmed openings.

We're looking for experienced owners with a demonstrable track record of success, but we will consider newer owners. We're a solid, drama-free world with many long-time owners with an appreciation for the league's history. We have an active world chat, but there's not a lot of trash talking or arguments, so if that sounds appealing to you, please contact me.
7/22/2013 8:08 AM (edited)
Available teams

NL West
Colorado

7/23/2013 7:15 AM (edited)
Great league.  Favorite even though I am commish in another.  Better get on the list now.  It always fills fast.
7/12/2013 12:01 AM
Private world rules:

Owners who lose 200 games or more over consecutive seasons are subject to a vote, which will be held during the playoffs.

Owners who persistently neglect their minors may also be subject to a referendum at the end of the season.

Cash in trades exceeding salaries of included players is not forbidden, but strongly discouraged and usually vetoed.

Owners who lose 300 games or more over three consecutive seasons will be automatically dismissed.

Type A free agents may not be traded in the season which they signed until draft prospects are visible.
7/17/2013 1:33 PM
Congratulations to dwboyce and the Buffalo Megalomaniacs on their first championship. That means we should be rolling sometime this weekend.

We've already got one owner interested in joining us, and with only one confirmed opening, we're in good shape. But you may want to put your name on the list, just in case something else opens up. Contact me via site mail.
7/18/2013 7:20 AM
We've got two open teams and two interested owners. Could go pretty quickly, especially if we get a couple names on the waiting list.
7/20/2013 7:01 PM
Now that we've rolled, it appears we've got three open spots. I'm sending the password to two guys today, so we could get going as soon as tomorrow with another new owner. Send me a site mail if you're interested.
7/21/2013 12:20 PM (edited)
I just sent out a password this morning, so the next owner to sign up will get us started right away.
7/22/2013 8:08 AM
HEY !!! Do you want to start playing now ??  We only need 1
7/22/2013 2:03 PM
I'd love to join if you'll have me....I've only got 3 seasons under my belt, but I'm catching on. 
7/22/2013 3:28 PM
Looks like we've got our guys, but I'll still accept backups in case anything falls through. Thanks to all who inquired.
7/22/2013 3:49 PM
Looks like we may still need one. I've sent out the password, but I'm still waiting to hear back from him. Let me know if you'd like to be considered.
7/23/2013 7:17 AM (edited)
Thanks to everyone who checked us out. We are approved.
7/23/2013 9:07 AM
One of our longest-tenured owners is unable to complete the season, and he's asked me to find an immediate replacement. Today is arbitration day, and he's got the budget set to be a player in free agency. Let me know if you're interested.

Atlanta
7/26/2013 11:12 AM
Griffey S28: Need a quick replacement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.