Rookie Question about Budgeting Topic

Thinking about what i should allocate for my teams Budget and not quite sure what the best strategy is.

How much typically is needed for Player payroll (I would like to target a FA or two for the right price)

How much typically is it going to cost for coaches? 10 M feels like i will struggle to get the top coaches (how important is it to have the better coaches)

Whats the best strategy for scouting? invest evenly in HS/College/international ? or should i focus on just 1 or 2 of them? How much generally should be used for advanced scouting? 

Prospect Payroll? would 10-12 M be enough for this? 

I realize that these are noob questions, but i dont want to make a big budgeting error to screw up the season.

Thanks in advance
7/11/2013 7:01 PM

No one can answer those specific questions, legitimately, without doing a full evaluation of your team league.

Training is important.    Get high quickly.
Coaches are easy if you've played awhile and don't sweat 73 instead of 76.    Just be comfortable.
I tend to focus on HS or college but not both.    IFA is a wild card.  Expect to spend big prospect money to get a top IFA.
If you're going to chase FA, budget 15-20m more than your current payroll.   Good ones will be expensive. 

7/11/2013 7:49 PM
Thanks for the advise Mike
7/11/2013 8:40 PM
Rookie Question about Budgeting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.