Possible Triple Crown Winner not MVP candidate Topic

Pardon my ignorance as I haven't posted in the forums for some time but I am just curious if a triple crown winner has ever not been named MVP in HBD.  I have a player .6 pts from the TC..he also leads in hits, SLG%, OPS,...he does play in a hitter friendly park and has 13 negative plays as a 1B...but he's not even on the ballot as an MVP candidate.  I sent a ticket asking if they could look into it and basically I was told to take a hike and that they don't respond to owners who don't agree with their award criteria.....so I took a hike.
7/11/2013 10:22 PM
Defense plays a huge part in awards nominations.  That many negative plays at 1B is a definite drawback.

How was your ticket worded, and what was their exact response?
7/12/2013 6:02 AM
I think they shoud start to back off on how much defense plays into the awards.  I have a guy leading the league in AVG, OBP and SLG, and I'm fairly certain he would be behind my SS with the sub .800 OPS but a lot of + plays.

(nevermind, he just cracked the list)
7/12/2013 9:40 AM (edited)
 Player Profile: Roger Dixon -- 12 neg. plays (one pos.), and Indy's a hitter's park, but I don't think that's the problem. RC is second in the AL (RC27 first) but he's missed 26 games at 1B. I suspect it's an eligibility problem. Keep playing him at 1B the rest of the season, if you can tolerate the fatigue, and he'll jump into the top three candidates, I'd bet.

[edit] It does seem to be an eligibility problem. You can tell because Dixon doesn't show up on the AL batting leaders for 1B. Seems odd, though, because he has more innings at 1B than some other guys. If you want to amend the ticket, that might be the question to ask.

7/12/2013 9:51 AM (edited)
Posted by jonas1102 on 7/12/2013 9:35:00 AM (view original):
I think they shoud start to back off on how much defense plays into the awards.  I have a guy leading the league in AVG, OBP and SLG, and I'm fairly certain he would be behind my SS with the sub .800 OPS but a lot of + plays.
Avg, OBP, SLG, OPS aren't relevant, directly... Only RC is used, not even RC27. So while defense may be overvalued, the offense formula has flaws as well.

But the bottom line is that WIS is not going to change the formula, no matter what, which is why CS gave the original ticket writer a "take a hike" response.

7/12/2013 9:39 AM
Ah, hell's bells... user error.  Willcat, you have Dixon assigned to DH, not 1B. Re-assign him. The system considers him a DH because that's what you told it. Give it a cycle or two, then he'll appear in the 1B league leaders and the season awards should follow.

.. Which is what, if CS had a brain in its collective head, you should have been told in the ticket response.

7/12/2013 9:57 AM
The league leaders is impacted by the position assigned, not the awards. As stated previously, MVP is all about RC and +/- plays. I've seen GG and SS 3b who were assigned as SS. (Why it is no problem for awards screen and so difficult for HOF is one of the great mysteries.)
7/12/2013 9:50 PM
I had just recently put him as my DH thinking that if I could get him enough inning to qualify as a DH it would help with the MVP vote.....he was never considered as an MVP candidate even as a 1b...like I said, I just recently moved him to DH.
7/14/2013 8:02 PM
Possible Triple Crown Winner not MVP candidate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.