Proposed trade Nullified Topic

A proposed trade my Sicilians had with the Bulldogs (Capra) collapsed.  At first I thought somebody had vetoed it, although I couldn't see why.  Then I read this message:  This is to inform you that the proposed player trade between Charlotte Bulldogs and Syracuse Sicilians was cancelled. Player Payroll would be exceeded by the initiating team (at least in Season 30.) TRADE FAILED.

Am I to believe that Year 30 Payroll is over budget for the Bulldogs, even though we are currently in Year 28.

How does that work?

I had signed/extended my guy to 2x$4.4, because th other GM wanted him for the two years.

Baffled.

moe
7/14/2013 8:12 PM
I'm guessing that the team that was going to receive the player had to tight of a budget is season 30..
7/14/2013 8:24 PM
Moe it's just like free agency.

I just looked and because he proposed another trade that brought on a guy with a 4.4 million dollar salary right before the one he made with you your trade would have put him over the season 30 cap. It did not show up when he originally proposed the trade because it had not gone final yet.
7/14/2013 9:05 PM (edited)
I believe your team's salary for next season cannot exceed 75% of the current season's budget. And the salary for two seasons in the future cannot exceed 50% of the current season's budget. It's programmed in to prevent owners from stocking up on players with contracts that are backloaded with the bulk of the money paid in later seasons, just in case that owner abandons that team down the road.
7/14/2013 9:10 PM
Proposed trade Nullified Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.