Pete Rose World is looking for a few good owners for Season 25. This is a good, drama-free world. Only two private world rules (listed below). Here are the franchises that are available:
Former Durham (AL East) -- This team has the #1 overall pick in the Rule 4 draft this year. Has talent in the minors. This team is in the middle of a rebuild, but with draft pick position is well-poised for long-term success. [TAKEN]
- Former Helena (AL West) -- Last year was a down year in Helena with a 72-90 record. But, the franchise is coming off a three year run with records of 107-55, 96-66 and 96-66, and many of the key contributors (especially position players) are still on the team.
Former Anaheim (AL West) - This is a rebuild, but will be aided by the #4 overall pick in the Rule 4 draft this year. This team also has one of the best (if not, the best) pitchers in the world (Wandy Perez), which could easily be flipped for a boatload of prospects. Alternatively, a new owner could attempt to win-now behind Wandy and FA pick-ups / trades. [TAKEN]
- Former Toronto (NL North) -- This franchise has had three different owners in three years and really needs a stable hand. The franchise has the #6 overall pick in the Rule 4 draft this year. The franchise has decent depth in the minors and major leagues, while having avoided any long-term, bad contracts.
- Former Pawtucket (NL East) -- This franchise has been one of the world's best franchises over the last 13 seasons, never having a record worse than 86-72, including three world series championships and only two years of missed playoffs. Unfortunately, the former owner had to leave to focus on non-HBD matters. This franchise won 88 games last year and won its first playoff series. For those looking for a competitive team immediately, this is a great franchise.
- Form Atlanta (NL East) -- This franchise has been middle-of-the-pack for the last few years, finishing 83-79 last year, but has some good players at the current ML level as well as in the minors. All of the current contracts expire either this year or next year, so the new owner will have extreme flexibility on how to shape the roster.
Here are the private world rules:
- RULE A: Any money dealt in a trade cannot exceed the salary still owed on that season to the player(s) involved. Ex: If Team A is dealing a player owed $3 Mil, Team A can include no more than $3 Mil in the deal. a league vote will be held at season's end as to whether the offending owner will be allowed to retain their membership in PRW for the following season. The commissioner's vote will serve as tie-breaker.
- RULE B: All owners are required to win 30% of their games on the Major League level to retain membership in PRW. If an owner wins less than 30% of their games in a season, then a vote of those owners returning to the league for the following season shall be taken. A plurality of votes shall determine whether the owner is able to return. In the event of a tie, the commissioner's vote shall be the tiebreaker.
Thanks for reading and hopefully, you're ready to join Pete Rose World! If you're interested, please send me a sitemail.
7/29/2013 12:41 PM (edited)