Votto - 1B
Tulowitzki - SS
Goldschmidt - DH
Gonzalez - LF
Wright - 3B
Molina - C
Phillips - 2B
7/15/2013 1:44 PM
Close on the AL (still not sure how Bautista is ahead of Jones with the seasons both are having). Way off in the NL.
7/15/2013 1:59 PM
I would have Bautista in front of Jones.  I'd have Jones batting 8th in an All-Star lineup.  Aside from Hardy Jones has the worst OBP on the team, and it isn't particularly close...  You always want to generally top-load your OBP to optimize your lineup, but it's particularly true for an All-Star lineup.  When just about everyone is a threat to get XBH and do damage, a guy who doesn't get on base and strikes out too much is a black hole that kills innings.  You don't stick a hole in the middle of your lineup.
7/15/2013 2:30 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/15/2013 1:46:00 PM (view original):
American League

Trout - LF
Cano - 2B
Cabrera - 3B
Davis - 1B
Jones - CF
Ortiz - DH
Bautista - RF
Mauer - C
Hardy - SS

National League

Harper - RF
Beltran - CF
Votto - 1B
Tulowitzki - SS
Goldschmidt - DH
Gonzalez - LF
Wright - 3B
Molina - C
Phillips - 2B
Your NL lineup is better than the one Bochy used. How that guy maintains a rep as one of the best managers in baseball, I'll never understand.
7/17/2013 2:39 PM
All-Star Starting Lineup Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.