Yet Another Out of Position Thread Topic

I know there are many threads on this, and I usually avoid playing people out of position for the very principle of the matter, but it looks like I may need to in a 1974 progressive. These are the three guys vying for 2B/3B/SS. How would you play them?

2B          3B          SS
Derrel Thomas     B-/D+     B-/D+     D/D-
Bill Melton               ---         C/C+       ---
Graig Nettles          ---        B/A+      D-/D- (.869/4.01)

Before I realized Nettles played 1 game at SS to "earn" the D-/D-, I was going to out of position him into SS and play Thomas at 2B. Now it's not so clear. Ideally, I can pick up another SS somewhere, but I don't know at this point.
7/15/2013 9:55 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 7/15/2013 9:55:00 PM (view original):
I know there are many threads on this, and I usually avoid playing people out of position for the very principle of the matter, but it looks like I may need to in a 1974 progressive. These are the three guys vying for 2B/3B/SS. How would you play them?

2B          3B          SS
Derrel Thomas     B-/D+     B-/D+     D/D-
Bill Melton               ---         C/C+       ---
Graig Nettles          ---        B/A+      D-/D- (.869/4.01)

Before I realized Nettles played 1 game at SS to "earn" the D-/D-, I was going to out of position him into SS and play Thomas at 2B. Now it's not so clear. Ideally, I can pick up another SS somewhere, but I don't know at this point.
Thomas at 2B, Nettles at 3B, Melton at SS.  SS is gonna be ugly unless u make a trade.
7/15/2013 11:38 PM
Thomas is (.928/4.19) at SS, which isn't good, but assuming all your hitters and pitchers are from 1974, it won't be too terrible. You certainly can't play Nettles at SS.

I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things as long as you keep Nettles away from SS. I'd probably play Melton at 2B and Thomas at SS.
7/16/2013 4:41 PM
Thomas' real life FP at SS in 1974 was .96.  
Melton's real life FP at 3B was .954

Melton maps to .968# or .975 at 2B and is assessed an 8% penalty to .895.

7/18/2013 1:22 AM (edited)
If you play Thomas at 2B, he is a .976 feilder
Melton maps to .958 at Short and with a 12% penalty, he goes to .838.
7/18/2013 1:28 AM
Yet Another Out of Position Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.