D1 job longshot Topic

I'm a longshot for some d1 jobs what does that mean? What are my chances of landing one of these longshot d1 jobs?
7/17/2013 12:45 AM
Eh, it's hard to say an exact percentage. But it's definitely a very low one. More or less it's about a 5% chance.
7/17/2013 12:49 AM
Posted by vinceharris on 7/17/2013 12:49:00 AM (view original):
Eh, it's hard to say an exact percentage. But it's definitely a very low one. More or less it's about a 5% chance.
Have u heard of people getting a longshot job before?
7/17/2013 2:38 AM
Take note that ur loyalty will take a hit for every job resume that gets turned down
7/17/2013 8:12 AM
Posted by patsrule755 on 7/17/2013 2:38:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, it happens. I know of a few people who have. Personally, I haven't gotten one in quite a few I've applied to, but who knows, maybe you'll get really lucky. What Philly said is true, but it's a small hit, and I don't know if I'd worry about it if I were you.
7/17/2013 10:34 AM
Posted by vinceharris on 7/17/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, it happens. I know of a few people who have. Personally, I haven't gotten one in quite a few I've applied to, but who knows, maybe you'll get really lucky. What Philly said is true, but it's a small hit, and I don't know if I'd worry about it if I were you.
I think loyalty was his issue before this season so applying for 4 jobs and getting turned down could cost him
7/17/2013 10:40 AM
This is what I'd like to know.  From personal experience, "longshot" feels like a slam dunk "no".
7/17/2013 7:15 PM
There a couple dozen threads in the archives about this subject, and historic consensus seems to be it's about a 2-5% chance.

Personally, I'm 0-for-7 on longshot jobs. Last week I gave up on D1 and moved to a DIII program, in part because it was too frustrating to make sense of the D1 hire/fire process. I wish you better luck than I had!
7/17/2013 9:39 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/17/2013 9:39:00 PM (view original):
There a couple dozen threads in the archives about this subject, and historic consensus seems to be it's about a 2-5% chance.

Personally, I'm 0-for-7 on longshot jobs. Last week I gave up on D1 and moved to a DIII program, in part because it was too frustrating to make sense of the D1 hire/fire process. I wish you better luck than I had!
Thx I got rejected on all of them 0-4 within The first cycle. But hopefully with a NT run this upcoming season I will qualify for some d- d1 and also after getting rejected 4 times I did not take a loyalty hit so that's good.
7/17/2013 10:25 PM
Way back when there was some hope that people looked at suggestions and changes to the game might be made, I suggested that they redo the Longshot, and instead of making almost an instant rejection significantly increase the likelihood of you getting up, maybe up to 75-80% or so; but you wouldn't hear back from them until very late - say 5 PM EST on the last day of coach hiring (unless a qualified coach had applied and been accepted).  That adds a bit more strategy; do you hold out for the longshot that you like a little better and wait and hope, or do you go for the job that isn't quite as good, but you know you can get?

Perhaps, if there comes a time when WIS will work on improving HD, I will suggest this (or somebody else who may like the idea will suggest if I've moved away from the site).
7/18/2013 9:47 AM
D1 job longshot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.