Question on Exhibition Games Topic

I am trying to play as many exhibition games before regular season with new recruits to help develop their skills.  In my league, recruiting ends on 7/20 and the last day to schedule Exhibition games is 7/21. Then regular season starts on 7/23. 

Does anyone know when I should try to schedule to set up the maximum amount of games for recruits to play in?  Is it possible to schedule games on 7/21 and 7/22 that the freshman can play in?

TIA!
7/17/2013 1:55 PM
Recruits do not play in Exhibtion games
7/17/2013 2:02 PM
Posted by logan08516 on 7/17/2013 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Recruits do not play in Exhibtion games
After recruiting ends and recruits are added to the roster there IS time for two exhibition games prior to the start of the season. BUT you have to be right there to add them to your depth chart immediately since the games will be played shortly (hour or so) after the recruits are added. Furthermore, the games need to be scheduled with coaches who are intending to do the same thing, otherwise, you may be hung out to dry when it comes to getting both games scheduled for those two days.
7/17/2013 4:15 PM
Sometimes SimAI teams are available.  If you're on the west coast or a night owl, you can schedule them right after the games run the night before recruiting ends.  It's not hard to get the 2 exh games in at the last minute, but you do run a greater risk of injuries hitting your players and impacting regular season games....
7/17/2013 5:30 PM
It is definitely possible as mentioned above.  I used to do this, but have given up the practice due to risk of injury.  Injuries to ANY player before recruiting ends, get healed before season starts.  Injuries AFTER freshmen report work as normal.    I started a season or two without a key player and decided I didn't want to do that anymore.
7/17/2013 6:59 PM
Question on Exhibition Games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.