Premium D2 Iba opening in a typically full conf. Topic

Montevallo in the D2 Iba Heartland conference is looking for a new coach. The last few seasons the Heartland conference has consistently been a top 3 D2 conference. This season we were #1. We have been full of human coaches and we would like to keep it that way. The coach at Montevallo, srook, decided to hang up his clipboard and Montevallo needs a new coach. Competing in a full conference is a blast, and the Heartland is as competitive as any conference I've ever been in. We also have the annual CVAC-Heartland Challenge for D2 Iba supremecy bragging rights.

Montevallo, a C+ prestige school currently, will have 4 scholarships this season and over $9.500 in extra recruiting cash due to the Heartland's postseason success. The program runs a Triangle offense and FCP defense, a pretty good combo from my experience.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=6283

We'd love to have a good coach come join us. Check it out.
7/18/2013 11:33 AM (edited)

I don't know why anyone would want that Heartland school.  "Sorry, Debbie, I have to cancel our date. I've come down with montevallo"

A better alternative is the Great Lakes Valley. We have openings at Kentucky Wesleyan and So. Illinois-Edwardsville.

We were ranked #4 this season and have placed a team in the Elite Eight, or better, in 12 of the last 20 years.

Granted, we usually trail the Heartland in the conference standings but, if you want a school where the players  actually graduate,  look to the Great Lakes Valley!

7/18/2013 10:21 AM (edited)
The California Collegiate Athletic Association is consistently among the top three conferences in Iba DII in terms of RPI and  has TWO openings this season.   Both haven't had a human coach in several seasons so you'll have the chance to rebuild the team your way.

Come join the CCAA and enjoy sunny California!

The two openings are:

CSU - Dominquez Hills
runs a triangle/man combo right now.

CSU - Bakersfield runs a motion/zone now.

7/18/2013 10:39 AM
thanks guys. im looking for a better conference in Iba. I'll probably try and rebuild one of these
7/18/2013 10:25 PM

aperi took the Montevallo job.  Glad to have you aperi.  Now that the Heartland and CVAC are full again, the other 2 conferences mentioned in this thread are definitely worth a look for anyone moving up, the CalCAA and the GLV.  Iba has 4 very strong D2 conferences and a couple of more that are on the way up.  I've played in a lot of D2 worlds, and I believe Iba is the strongest (by a narrow margin over Allen).  If you are in Iba and are looking for a fun challenege, take over a team in one of those 2 conferences.

7/19/2013 7:51 AM
In the California CAA we've had one coach move on to DI, so there is another spot open for someone new to join the fray in sunny California.

CSU, Stanislaus has been human coached for over ten season straight, comes with six guys who will be seniors next season (so you have a shot at success right away) and currently has an A-  prestige. They run a motion/man combo.

7/19/2013 2:18 PM
Premium D2 Iba opening in a typically full conf. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.