Lineup screen suggestion Topic

Can we get a "bats and throws" abbreviation on the lineup screen? 

Currently, it only says ''name ( bats )" on the lineup screen but on the def replacement screen it says ''player ( b/t )'' .  I think that would be more helpful... I cant memorize handedness for three teams worth of players. 

7/18/2013 10:24 AM
Just curious . . . why would you want or need to see "throws" on the lineup screen?

I can't think of a reason.  Just wondering what you're thinking of that I'm not.
7/18/2013 2:42 PM
If you want to throw your 75/65/55/55 LFer at 2B for a game, it would help to know if he's right-handed.  I've had more of an issue with this with my minors than majors. Not a bad suggestion.
7/18/2013 2:48 PM
Assigning positions handles that.   Assuming you don't assign LH players to 2B/SS/3B with any regularity.
7/18/2013 2:52 PM
The "Position Assignment" pop-up page from the "Edit Rosters" page does a good job with that.  If you hit "Show Recs", it will suggest primary and secondary positions for a particular player.  You can modify the suggested positions as you wish.  But if a guy is a LH thrower, it will never recommend 2B, 3B or SS as a primary or secondary position.

Then, on the lineups page, when you click in the "Pos" pull-down, you'll see the primary and secondary positions noted.  If your 75/65/55/55 LF doesn't have 2B noted as a secodnary position, don't play him there.
7/18/2013 2:55 PM
Yea, fair enough.  I don't do a good job of assigning positions to my minor leaguers.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to add "throws" to the lineups, but I get it's mostly unnecessary.
7/18/2013 2:56 PM
Nevermind
7/18/2013 6:02 PM
It's not a bad idea.   It just doesn't have much practical use if you use the other features of the game.
7/18/2013 7:11 PM
Lineup screen suggestion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.