Okay, so I had control of a guy from the get-go... Topic

After the second recruiting cycle (D3), I got a recruit to consider me. I was the first school he considered. This is my first season with the program. C- prestige,

Next day, enter a new school, a human, with C- prestige, into play. The recruit is 250 miles away from me. He's 650 miles away from the other school.

What are your tips for me to ensure that the recruit picks me over the other guy.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
7/18/2013 4:32 PM
One more thing...

In the latest recruiting cycle, FSS reports:
'Word on the Street' as of 7/18 2:08 pm EDT: Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at (the OTHER school)."

Help.
7/18/2013 4:42 PM
Take a look at how many open schollies you have and how many the other school has.

Consider how much carryover $ the other school may have had

then, look at options with other players who you could get who may be as good or nearly as useful for you.

If he has a bunch more money, likely you need to move along.  If he has the same money it still may be smart to move along if there is someone else just as good.

7/18/2013 4:45 PM
Your opponent isn't 650 miles away, he's 350 (you only have one recruit considering you... easy to figure out).  

And he has 7 open scholarships to your 2.  He currently only has 3 recruits considering him.  If he wants the kid bad enough, there's nothing you can do to beat him with that short distance advantage and the huge budget disadvantage
7/18/2013 4:51 PM
Gotcha... Looks like I'm gonna stay away. Now, for future reference, what are the necessary steps--assuming all other things equal--to win a recruiting battle if you really want a guy? Or do you not get into these battles at all?
7/18/2013 9:23 PM
Posted by zmccrite on 7/18/2013 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Gotcha... Looks like I'm gonna stay away. Now, for future reference, what are the necessary steps--assuming all other things equal--to win a recruiting battle if you really want a guy? Or do you not get into these battles at all?
Be within 360 miles, and preferably be within 200 miles. And if all else fails send a ton of HV's (more effecient within 360 miles) or CV's (more efficient beyond 360 miles). And if all else fails beyond that, gurantee a start and minutes.
7/18/2013 9:35 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 7/18/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Be within 360 miles, and preferably be within 200 miles. And if all else fails send a ton of HV's (more effecient within 360 miles) or CV's (more efficient beyond 360 miles). And if all else fails beyond that, gurantee a start and minutes.
Approx how many SV's equal a HV? 1.5 maybe?  I remember reading before that a CV was about 2.3 HV's.
7/18/2013 9:43 PM
Roughly three st equal one hv.
7/18/2013 11:00 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 7/18/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Just curious, but what's your basis for drawing the HV-CV line at 360? I ask because that places it a considerable distance beyond where I've typically heard for the change over (160-200). I guess the answer depends in part on your view of how many HVs = 1 CV, which can be the subject of significant debate on the board.
7/19/2013 3:39 AM
The cost of HVs scale up significantly after 360 miles.
7/19/2013 8:45 AM
et tu Brute, et tu.
7/20/2013 11:07 AM
Okay, so I had control of a guy from the get-go... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.