Impact of rescind scholarship Topic

Just wondering how much of a negative recruiting impact this has on a player. There is a player I really like that's considering a D1 team now, but I think the player may just be a backup option for the coach (has several more players considering him than open scholarships). If I rescind the scholarship of one of my interested players to ensure he doesn't sign right away, what kind of negative impact will that have, if I don't end up signing the D1 player and want him back? Will I be able to make up for it by offering the scholarship back and maybe a HV or something?
7/18/2013 5:23 PM
Most of the time you can get the player interested again but it requires spending more money. I'm not sure of the amount; I've never done it
7/18/2013 7:55 PM
It doesn't have a very large impact. I offered a start and a schollie to a player a while back, then later rescinded the schollie, and the guy was still considering me afterwards. Impact is probably slim to none.
7/18/2013 9:28 PM
It's definitely not none. It is tangible but not huge, and can certainly be overcome.
7/18/2013 11:54 PM
I have done it at  D2 3 times. 2 were still considering me. After signings I reoffered the schly to the 2. They signed the next cycle. The one not considering I reoffered the schly and either a HV or CV. I don't remember which. He signed the next cycle. I also had one I rescinded. He ended up not signing with anyone. The next year as a sophomore he was considering me when recruiting began and I signed him.
7/19/2013 11:57 AM
Impact of rescind scholarship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.