7/18/2013 5:24 PM
The update is live, and you can run it in the test game now, or it will run when the season begins. Let me know if you see anything weird in the engine, consistently. Please test a few times to make sure it is not just a bad luck game. 

Things to look for are Passing percentages decrease as your QB gets fatigued. Rushing yards are more in line with the attributes.

I noticed that interceptions are a bit low right now, and I'm going to go through and tweak those and sacks to make sure they are reasonable.

Thanks again for your patience. 
P

P.s. Please remember that this is not the final version, so if you see some weird numbers they will be analyzed and changed accordingly. 
7/18/2013 7:36 PM
Thanks for keeping at this Oriole. 

Well, I ran quite a few test games.  The most noticable difference I can see is that TEs have vanished from the passing game.  Perhaps it was a coincidence, but after several tests, I did not see a single reception for either team by tight ends.  Anyone else notice this? 
7/18/2013 8:23 PM
I just ran 10 practice games against various schools and not a single catch by a TE on either team.
7/18/2013 8:49 PM
I just ran 10 test games in Argento D1. All games were against elites. The completion percentage ranged from a low off 66% to a high of 82%. The average was between 70 to 76 percent. These numbers are still way to high
7/18/2013 8:53 PM
same here guess it is not updated in test mode
7/18/2013 8:55 PM
I also tested my D1aa team against a D11 team which I should have dominated and percentages were still high.
7/18/2013 10:19 PM
Not sure if this is the reason or not regarding TE receptions, but I was looking at the formations under the coaching tab and the TE had 0 in the defaults for passing distribution.  I went in and changed the %'s so the TE's would get passes, but no change to the results, so I guess disregard my first statement.......  It looks like they are slated to stay in and block all the time.  If you uncheck the block box, does that mean they will never stay in and block? 
7/18/2013 11:06 PM
Yes, if the box is not checked they are supposed to run a route. I'll run a few test games with my Pitt St. team. That offense is centered around my TE's. They are consistently my leading receivers...
7/18/2013 11:18 PM
Are we no longer able to have a blocking TE and a pass catching TE, FB & RB, position WR & deep WR, etc? These were some of the few positives to 3.0!
7/18/2013 11:26 PM
I'm liking what I am seeing in early test game runs. Scores are more consistently what I would expect compared to before. I'm also generally getting more realistic completion percentages.
7/18/2013 11:44 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 7/18/2013 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Yes, if the box is not checked they are supposed to run a route. I'll run a few test games with my Pitt St. team. That offense is centered around my TE's. They are consistently my leading receivers...
I also have some formations which rely on TE's and they are not catching anything. It's broke Oriole - fix it quick! Oh deen - the settings are all pushed back to basic - you have to click back to advanced.
7/18/2013 11:53 PM
Also the QB fatigue thing is the wrong way to go. It is not realistic that after 6 or 7 plays my QB is so fatigued. Change the QB fatigue back and work on boosting DB abilitites to tone down passing. Plus it hasn't reaaly worked as my 75% fatigued QB still completes about 75% of his passes.
7/19/2013 12:13 AM
"Oh deen - the settings are all pushed back to basic - you have to click back to advanced."

Thank you...and "whew!" (LOL)
7/19/2013 12:18 AM
Okay, now I really feel dumb (And yes, I know many of you want to say "I told you so!") lol..How do I set my formation, depth chart, etc. to advanced? I can't find it anywhere!
7/19/2013 12:22 AM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 7/18/2013 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Also the QB fatigue thing is the wrong way to go. It is not realistic that after 6 or 7 plays my QB is so fatigued. Change the QB fatigue back and work on boosting DB abilitites to tone down passing. Plus it hasn't reaaly worked as my 75% fatigued QB still completes about 75% of his passes.
This is what happens when you fix specific problems instead of taking a holistic approach.  All they had to do was make talent and fatigue matter and I would bet passing would have been fine.  Instead, they only fixed one part of one problem.  Run an all pass gameplan and you'll see DBs are not noticeably affected by fatigue while the QB fatigues extremely quickly and gets hammered because of it.
of 4

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.