Pitcher Usage Fatigue Question Topic

I'm in an 1891 progressive and using a pitcher,in relief, with RL innings pitched of 330. he has appeared in 81 of 110 game. Is there a point where he will fatigue from usage? I know I've read a thread on this,but can't find it. 
7/18/2013 5:48 PM
Just4Me is the best person to ask. You could do a search using his user name or just sitemail him.

I never could figure out what exactly he said.  :)  I've never been able to get guys to pitch more than 81 games if you're using all of his innings.
7/18/2013 10:53 PM
I was just looking for that same post as well.  I was wondering more about running a bullpen of two 250 inning pitchers.  Could they go every other game for 3 innings without problems?  How would the early season fatigue dampering affect them?  Anyone try this before?  is this going to backfire horribly on me?
7/20/2013 4:02 AM
The "Celebrating the Best of the SLB Forums" thread that is pinned at the top of the page includes links to the thread in question, as well as many other useful threads.

Here's the thread about getting the most from high IP pitchers:
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=405928
7/20/2013 7:18 AM
Good thread,but it was more about getting the most innings out of a high IP pitcher. I'm trying to figure out if I can my guy to appear in 120 games without fatigue issues. he will only throw half of his 330 IP at the current pace. 
7/20/2013 9:42 AM
Posted by profcake on 7/20/2013 4:02:00 AM (view original):
I was just looking for that same post as well.  I was wondering more about running a bullpen of two 250 inning pitchers.  Could they go every other game for 3 innings without problems?  How would the early season fatigue dampering affect them?  Anyone try this before?  is this going to backfire horribly on me?
On my phone, so not as detailed as otherwise, but yes, you can do it and it has been done quite a bit. You'll want to use elbirdo's formula for pitch counts for 81 games and make sure one of them is set to rest for the first game (so sparky doesn't put both of them in), and then keep a higher auto rest on both of them, as well (98 or 99, for the same reason later in the season).
7/21/2013 12:29 PM
Posted by fillies on 7/18/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm in an 1891 progressive and using a pitcher,in relief, with RL innings pitched of 330. he has appeared in 81 of 110 game. Is there a point where he will fatigue from usage? I know I've read a thread on this,but can't find it. 
Normally a pitcher will experience a usage fatigue penalty whenever he's on pace to appear in more than 70% of your team games. The only way to be his full innings in relief is to increase his pitch count. From a starter, the most games I've been able to get at 100% is around 107-111 (on my phone and don't have my records with me and I don't recall exactly), but out of the bullpen I've been able to get 117-118 games and wih low fatigue (90%), I've been able to get around 124 games.
7/21/2013 12:33 PM
I've had more success in getting more appearances out of the [setup a] role as opposed to a [long a] role, but it's harder to stretch the innings in a setup role because usually the setup comes in later in the game (unless you have no long spots designated) and can't use up their full PC.
7/21/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by just4me on 7/21/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fillies on 7/18/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Normally a pitcher will experience a usage fatigue penalty whenever he's on pace to appear in more than 70% of your team games. The only way to be his full innings in relief is to increase his pitch count. From a starter, the most games I've been able to get at 100% is around 107-111 (on my phone and don't have my records with me and I don't recall exactly), but out of the bullpen I've been able to get 117-118 games and wih low fatigue (90%), I've been able to get around 124 games.
Thanks fo the info. he's a set-up A and the other 2 guys in the pen are set-up B. Auto rest @ 92 and PC 25-35 with a pull of 1. I've had no fatigue issues and he has pitched in 88 of 120 games....looks like I can continue to use him the same way the rest of the season
7/21/2013 7:50 PM
Pitcher Usage Fatigue Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.