Quick question about recruiting in D1 Topic

If I get a respond like this:

"Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Jay Lowry.

I don't remember if I mentioned this to you already or not, but we primarily run a triangle offense.

Defensively, we primarily play halfcourt press/man to man. I'd say he is great at man to man and great in the press."

This means that not only i can recruit  him but i don't need to pulldown?

7/18/2013 8:14 PM
Yup.
7/18/2013 8:17 PM
So as long as somewhere in the message it mentions the type of offense and/or defense their high school ran, you have a shot at recruiting them?
7/18/2013 8:19 PM
I got this message from one of the guys i really like: "Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Miles Moultrie. I don't think he's ruled out Tennessee Tech. yet, but he certainly doesn't talk much about your program."

I figured he's possible with a pulldown, but is he a super reach that i'd have to do ridiculous number of scouting trips to get him?
7/18/2013 8:21 PM
Posted by gjalpert on 7/18/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):
I got this message from one of the guys i really like: "Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Miles Moultrie. I don't think he's ruled out Tennessee Tech. yet, but he certainly doesn't talk much about your program."

I figured he's possible with a pulldown, but is he a super reach that i'd have to do ridiculous number of scouting trips to get him?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think thats a pulldown message at all.  I think that message indicates you're good to go with the recruit and don't need to pull him down.

Also, even if the coach tells you the offense/defense that doesn't necessarily mean they are recruitable.  The coach will always tell you the O/D, the real key is in the first paragraph.  Usually the line is pretty obvious "player has mentioned school as a fall back option", or something like that.  The only ambiguous comment is something about having a one in a million chance, do you believe in miracles?  Its my understanding that means the player is not recruitable, but that message is pretty rare.
7/18/2013 8:48 PM
Posted by clouseb on 7/18/2013 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gjalpert on 7/18/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think thats a pulldown message at all.  I think that message indicates you're good to go with the recruit and don't need to pull him down.

Also, even if the coach tells you the offense/defense that doesn't necessarily mean they are recruitable.  The coach will always tell you the O/D, the real key is in the first paragraph.  Usually the line is pretty obvious "player has mentioned school as a fall back option", or something like that.  The only ambiguous comment is something about having a one in a million chance, do you believe in miracles?  Its my understanding that means the player is not recruitable, but that message is pretty rare.
+1 Clouse is right. That's not a pulldown message, and the first paragraph will tell you whether he is recruitable or not.
7/18/2013 9:31 PM
Quick question about recruiting in D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.