The faces of HD players Topic

Here is every face in the game.  

Black 1 Black 2 Black 3 Black 4
White 1 White 2 Hispanic/Indian East Asian

7/19/2013 2:20 AM
Impressive. And kind of trippy too...
7/19/2013 3:51 AM
On the bottom row, only white #2 ever wears a headband. And some of the East Asians have long floppy hair. All the guys on the top row have the white headband
7/19/2013 4:30 AM
1. Are there more black guys in the game than white guys? No problem with that, in fact it is realistic, but the number of face molds seems to indicate that to be the case.

2. Those heads jumping around like that IS "kind of trippy".

3. Since we all get the message to "go get the next LeBron" or something like that, maybe more players should wear LeBron type headbands like alblack has observed, LOL.

7/19/2013 8:35 AM
AMAZING stuff rgerkin! well done.
7/19/2013 9:11 AM
There are 1843 black faces, 901 white faces, 202 Hispanic/Indian faces, and 90 East Asian faces.  I know these are the categories (although the labels I made up) because the face images being loaded on the player pages all have the form 1****.gif (black), 2****.gif (white), 3****.gif (hispanic/indian), 4****.gif (east asian).  Actually, I suppose the number of "faces" is smaller, as some of these are just the same face with different hair, accessories, etc.  
7/19/2013 10:02 AM
Wow so that literally is over double the number of black "faces" compared to white ones. Interesting.
7/19/2013 10:24 AM
It definitely is better than the old bullet heads and single hairline.
7/19/2013 12:49 PM
I love this gif. Thanks rgerkin. 
7/19/2013 2:05 PM
Why did you lump the hispanics and indians together??? Does somebody need sensitivity training, haha, jk.
7/20/2013 11:04 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 7/20/2013 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Why did you lump the hispanics and indians together??? Does somebody need sensitivity training, haha, jk.
It's WIS's doing! Those faces all have .gif's with file names starting with 3, with no discernible racial pattern to the numbers internally.  In fact, my guess is that once the recruit generation engine decides on a player's race, they just select randomly from among the faces in that racial category.  Actually, I wonder if they probability that a player is of a given race is proportional to the number of distinct faces in their database for that race.  I'll check that another day.  
7/20/2013 11:31 AM
why do no white guys have facial hair?
7/21/2013 3:34 PM
The faces of HD players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.