Recruiting - Asst. Coach email question Topic

A yellow recruit has been on campus for a visit. I receive email from the assistant coach that reads "Coach, <recruit name> is set on coming to <school name>.  I think the visit removed any doubt he may have had."  The recruit does not send an email responding to their visit.  They do not sign and remain yellow.  Anybody have a handle on where you now stand in the recruit's eyes?  Is this a wasted campus visit since I didn't get a response from the recruit?  Or can I trust my assistant and believe I've at least earned a few brownie point with the recruit?
7/21/2013 12:56 PM
The recruit does not always respond, I would say 50% of the time you will receive an email from the AC. It doesn't mean anything either way who the email is from.

Although he didn't turn green for you, that message means you should be ahead in the battle.

You didn't say if you had a scholly offer out on the guy, but the scholarship messages back from the recruit will tell you exactly where you stand..
7/21/2013 2:29 PM (edited)
Also, there is no such thing as a "wasted campus visit" in that, if the recruit takes the visit, that will counts as "effort" towards landing him.
7/21/2013 2:27 PM
As jc said, there is no such thing as a wasted campus visit; either the recruit accepts it or not.

It doesn't matter who the message is from, the only thing that matters is whether or not the visit was accepted.

You do not know who exactly is in the lead until you signings begin, since scholarship offers are processed after all other recruiting actions. There are other, less expensive ways of determining who is leading at the time your recruiting actions are processed.  Try them and see what happens.

If you're battling a SIM-coached school, you need to make sure you knock it off the recruit sooner, rather than later, or risk losing all your money trying to overcome the effort the SIM has put into the recruit.
7/22/2013 4:45 PM
Also, the only message that gives you an accurate picture of where you stand with a yellow recruit is in response to a scholarship offer. It'll say either that he 's leaning your way (or words to that effect) if you're in the lead, or he's going somewhere else if something doesn't change if you're behind. You get the message when you offer a scholly, and when the leader changes. Any other messages like from your AC about a CV are just window dressing.
7/24/2013 2:44 PM
Posted by scrodz on 7/24/2013 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Also, the only message that gives you an accurate picture of where you stand with a yellow recruit is in response to a scholarship offer. It'll say either that he 's leaning your way (or words to that effect) if you're in the lead, or he's going somewhere else if something doesn't change if you're behind. You get the message when you offer a scholly, and when the leader changes. Any other messages like from your AC about a CV are just window dressing.
7/24/2013 4:54 PM
Recruiting - Asst. Coach email question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.