Recruiting: Need to be considering to sign? Topic

Hey!

Stupid question..

If you've put some effort and a scholly on an Undecided who still is undecided, and no other human puts any effort into him, can he go to considering and then sign last cycle? Or will he likely just disappear into the ether, never to be heard from again?

JC
7/21/2013 4:00 PM
I believe he needs to be green to sign.  Toward the end, you might be able to get him green with just a phone call, but he needs to be green, and you need at least one face-to-face meeting (e.g., AC scout).  Hope this helps!
7/21/2013 5:14 PM
Usually, an undecided recruit will turn green on the last day (a few cycles before the last cycle), if you have already had face-to-face contact. 
7/21/2013 5:41 PM
Thanks, guys!  Yeah, he refused a CV, so I have thrown 4 AC Scouts at him.  I have $109 left to sign a backup who's already green, so I guess I'm waiting till the last couple cycles to find out!!
7/21/2013 5:52 PM
He is in your search and not a level up correct?
7/23/2013 12:24 PM
Majique - he is. Will see what happens tomorrow close to the end of recruiting.
7/23/2013 4:58 PM
4AC scouts should definitely do it...curious to see if he, in fact, turned green.
7/23/2013 5:55 PM
You can sign an undecided player if you have had a face to face - but it is not a sure thing. Sometimes he will just "try to walk on at his dad's alma mater".
7/23/2013 9:01 PM
GL
7/24/2013 12:07 PM
Nope, never turned green. Had to sign my backup last cycle so I didn't get stuck. I will see where he ended up...

Yeah, the guy wasn't fending off suitors left and right. I can't imagine he was getting attention elsewhere. 4 AC scouts didn't get it done.
7/24/2013 11:22 PM
Wow. 
7/28/2013 5:53 PM
Recruiting: Need to be considering to sign? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.