The Simpsons League Topic

The Simpsons first appeared on the Tracy Ullman show in 1987, and the show continues to this day. Who is your favorite secondary character? Chief Wigham? The Comic Book Guy? And who could forget Phil Hartman as actor Troy McClure and attorney Lionel Hutz? "Mr. Simpson, this is the worst case of false advertising since 'The Never Ending Story.'" Who is your favorite primary character? Bart? Lisa? Homer? What's your favorite Homer moment? Might it be the time he yelled to Marge that - "I'M SORRY I USED YOUR WEDDING DRESS TO WAx THE CAR!" Who is your favorite celebrity guest? Michelle Pfeiffer? Don Mattingly? Tom Hanks?

This league will have a $115 million salary cap, players from 1987 - 2012, WW within league limits, no AAA, no DH, no clones. Use a stadium which was in use between 1987 - 2012. Trades allowed.

You must name your team after a Simpsons character, or quote, or the name of an episode, or something related to the Simpsons in some way. The WS winner receives a $10.00 gift certificate from me. The other coaches will receive a gift from me as well - a sitemail saying "D'OH!!!!!!" , 

My team name will be "A Couple of Stewed Prunes" from the episode where Homer got a DUI. Chief Wigham was dressed as a giant beer stein. When Homer and Barney drove past, Chief Wigham got on the radio and said "Look alive boys, a couple of stewed prunes heading your way."

I will get a league number once we have a couple of interested owners. Please sign up here and feel free to post your team name.
7/21/2013 5:13 PM
1)2chair - A Couple Of Stewed Prunes
2) jvt87 - Four Years At Clown College
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
7/24/2013 3:30 PM (edited)
I spelled Chief Wiggum's name incorrectly. D'OH!!!!!!!!
7/21/2013 5:16 PM
Four Years at Clown College.

I suspect this might attract more interest if the cap were $120 million or even $110 million.
7/24/2013 2:13 PM
Thanks, jvt87. I have not done a league # yet - wanted to get a few owners first. I am fine with $120 million. I also considered $110 and 6/2 AA AAA. For now, let's do $120 million, 1987-2013, no DH or AAA, no clones, WW within league restrictions, trades OK, no injuries. I prefer no DH because it forces managers to think about pinch hitters and makes the bench relevant.

At $120 million, everyone can have a couple of top stars in a top year, but we don't all end up with the same team because we can barely spend all the available $.
7/24/2013 4:17 PM
Sounds good to me.
7/25/2013 6:01 PM
The Simpsons League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.