A Work ethic question Topic

How much will a guy improve with a 36 we each year? When it says his defense will see massive improvement by senior year. Is that a high high?
I want quick answers.
7/23/2013 11:31 AM
That message indicates to me a "high high" potential.  A WE of 36 generally means that unless he starts young, or takes a redshirt, he's liable not to max out by his senior year.  It's still a viable WE, though.
7/23/2013 11:54 AM
The answer on 36 WE depends on how many minutes he plays and how many categories are worth practicing.  It is certainly possible to max out a HS player like that.  It really helps if he's not too stupid (i.e. HSGPA over 2.6) and you are willing to ignore a category or two.  A JuCo Junior will certainly disappoint you at that low a WE with a bunch of high potential (unless you can inform of redshirt).  

"Massive" is definitely high-high.
7/23/2013 11:55 AM
Thanks and might rs but no playing time first two years. With that being said how much should he gain first two years.
7/23/2013 11:57 AM
Only improving 3-4 categories and ignoring bh pass per and maybe sh
7/23/2013 11:58 AM
Best guess, 12-15 points or so over the first two years with minimal playing time given 20 minutes in FW per season.
7/23/2013 12:32 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/23/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Best guess, 12-15 points or so over the first two years with minimal playing time given 20 minutes in FW per season.
I ment total growth
7/23/2013 1:39 PM
28+
7/23/2013 1:45 PM
For one thing, you're not aiming high enough with a B prestige.  Even if you sign the PG you're battling for, he's basically a waste trying to use him in a FCP.  That low Ath and Def will have him in foul trouble constantly.  You really should try to look for guys with higher Ath and Def from the start.  Just a friendly piece of advice.  Oh, one other thing.  Perhaps you'd get more responses if you said you "need" fast answers in your original post, not "want".  Some people may view that as being pushy.  Maybe not. 
7/23/2013 6:52 PM
I routinely recruit guys in the 30's, but with the caveat that I sometimes NEED to start them before they're ready. 36 will work if he gets solid minutes throughout his career but can't see him being a starter, don't anticipate him maxing out in all attributes.
7/24/2013 10:10 AM
Posted by dcy0827 on 7/23/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
For one thing, you're not aiming high enough with a B prestige.  Even if you sign the PG you're battling for, he's basically a waste trying to use him in a FCP.  That low Ath and Def will have him in foul trouble constantly.  You really should try to look for guys with higher Ath and Def from the start.  Just a friendly piece of advice.  Oh, one other thing.  Perhaps you'd get more responses if you said you "need" fast answers in your original post, not "want".  Some people may view that as being pushy.  Maybe not. 
Reason I went for him was because my highest passer is 41!
7/24/2013 11:58 AM
A Work ethic question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.