OT: New smart phone WIS??? Topic

So I am considering getting a smart phone?  Are there any phones that handle WIS better than others?  Specifically Hardball Dynasty?  I don't really know much about them, so I thought I would ask you guys.
7/23/2013 3:21 PM
I just bought the Galaxy S4 and love the big screen but am having problems using the drop down menus on HBD.  I used to have an iPhone 3S and that handled GBD much better although slower and smaller screen.
I haven't tried out other browsers yet on the Galaxy so there might be something else that works better than their browser.

7/23/2013 3:27 PM
Never had good luck with the Android system. Drop downs are hit and miss.
7/23/2013 3:51 PM
Posted by usfbully on 7/23/2013 3:51:00 PM (view original):
What does this even mean?
7/23/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by btoy1975 on 7/23/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
I just bought the Galaxy S4 and love the big screen but am having problems using the drop down menus on HBD.  I used to have an iPhone 3S and that handled GBD much better although slower and smaller screen.
I haven't tried out other browsers yet on the Galaxy so there might be something else that works better than their browser.

I have S4 and Note tablet. I think native browser works best for HBD, with this work around - tap and hold the drp down menu you want, a screen pops up with options for open, back out once, and the drop down menu remains for selection. Continue with same method for subfolders.

Note tablet works better as it has a stylus that "senses" the drop down by hovering the stylus over the menu.
7/23/2013 11:20 PM
Posted by Arfy on 7/23/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Geez cut the guy some slack.

It means on Android phones the the menus are hard to operate and respond inconsistently.  I'm on day 4 of using my Galaxy S4 and I agree but have found the hint by headpirate helpful.
7/24/2013 7:44 AM
Posted by Arfy on 7/23/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
I have a Blackberry, but I assume I'm experiencing the same issue with drop downs as usfbully is referring to with Android.

The drop down menus are difficult to work with, especially when you need to navigate through multiple levels (like World Office --> Standings --> League Standings).  The first touch pulls down the first level, but the second touch to go to the second level often closes the pull down.
7/24/2013 7:47 AM
Posted by headpirate on 7/23/2013 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by btoy1975 on 7/23/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):

I have S4 and Note tablet. I think native browser works best for HBD, with this work around - tap and hold the drp down menu you want, a screen pops up with options for open, back out once, and the drop down menu remains for selection. Continue with same method for subfolders.

Note tablet works better as it has a stylus that "senses" the drop down by hovering the stylus over the menu.
I do this on my S3 and it's excellent.
7/24/2013 12:52 PM
These sound like a pain in the ***!
7/24/2013 1:33 PM
what everyone else said, Ive been using the S4 for a few weeks and navigating HBD is a problem.  The work around suggested above doesnt always work for me.  I have started keeping a tab open displaying the site map adn opening needed pages in tabs.  the iphone OS handles HBD perfectly
7/24/2013 1:38 PM
I have the S3 and have to do the same as what headpirate describes.  It is much easier to wait until I get home and use our ipad.
7/24/2013 2:29 PM
I had my s3 into Best Buy last Friday, and a software update was done while I was there. Since that update, my experience with HBD has been horrible. I lost my ability to see my own teams ratings, at every level, across all 5 of my leagues. While trying to figure that out, I logged myself out, and have yet to be able to log back in with the android browser.

I had some time today, so I downloaded and tried a bunch of browsers. With the android browser, I filled in my information and hit the "login" button. All it did was loop back to the login screen...with my information still intact. The same went for chrome, Firefox, boat, and one browser.

With Opera mini, I am able to log in, and I can even see my player ratings...but Opera mini doesn't recognize the drop down menus...at all.

At this point, HBD is unplayable on my device. I have a ticket pending, but I'm not optimistic.

Please note that this has been my experience. Yours may be better.
7/24/2013 6:06 PM
I updated to iPhone 5 in the spring. Had been having drop down problems at times with my previous 3GS. As dubrightway said, not a problem since. Posting this via iPhone.
7/24/2013 6:24 PM
Those of you having issues with the dropdown menus - there's an "HBD Site Map" link at the bottom of all HBD pages. It's a pain to have to use it, but it's the only way that I can reliably navigate the site on my phone.
7/25/2013 12:17 AM
Posted by mjpals on 7/25/2013 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Those of you having issues with the dropdown menus - there's an "HBD Site Map" link at the bottom of all HBD pages. It's a pain to have to use it, but it's the only way that I can reliably navigate the site on my phone.
This is good to know.   Galaxy Note 2 also has the drop down menu problems - fwiw
7/25/2013 12:47 AM
12 Next ▸
OT: New smart phone WIS??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.