How to set tandem starters Topic

I have never used tandems before but i took over a team with very thin SP but very good RP with high sta/dura. 

I'd like to position 4 normal starters and use 2 relievers in tandem in the 5th spot.  But i cant figure out how to do this.  There is no 5a/5b and no matter what I do i get the error message "tandem starters must be the last spots in a pitching rotation.

???

7/23/2013 6:02 PM
For whatever reason you can't use a SP5 with a tandem. I ran into this once and put the 5th guys in rest when not starting them. Kind of a pain, requires a shuffle to set them 4A & B and then put them back in rest and re-set a starter, but since I check almost every day anyway wasn't so bad. I can't know the reason "they" don't allow tandem 5A & B instead of SP 5 & 6, seems lame to me. 
7/23/2013 7:42 PM
Yup - you can't do a tandem 5.  I've on occasion managed to run a rotation with 1 or 2 really durable starters working as S1 & S2 and then using 4 guys to split the last two spots.  This lets you get away with some lower stamina/durability guys in the tandem roles, but you need a real horse or two at the top.
7/25/2013 6:41 PM
How to set tandem starters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.