How much does it matter to nurse a pitcher along throw the minors one year at a time or to move him up quickly letting his splits grow in the majors?
7/23/2013 9:57 PM
95% of growth occurs in the first 4 years.  So once he reaches the majors the ratings shouldnt increase all that much
7/24/2013 11:20 AM
ratings will grow according to playing time and the quality of the coaches.  How fast you bring him up depends on your situation, if your guy is better then what you currently have in the big team and you are contending, then bring him up even if he only has 2 or 3 pro years, he will progress better because of the better coaches.  But if your rebuilding, and he has less then 4 pro years and is not significantly better then what you currently have progress him normally in the minors.  As long as your not tanking theres nothing wrong with that.
7/24/2013 12:14 PM
I have a 24 yr old SS I pulled off the WW recently.  He is rule 5 so he needs to be on my BL roster to keep him.   His purpose is to be a defensive replacement in tight games.   His DEF ratings are already BL quality... which prompted me to move fwd.   Currently he comes in almost every game in the 9th inning to replace my 30 yr old 2b who is below BL avgs defensively. 

My question is this...   will this player improve as much with one inning appearances in the BL as he would with full time play at AAA ?   The guy is making the most of it by contributing some hits when he gets the chance too. He has appeared in every game this year so far (11) - for one inning at a time ( he's doing exactly what I want )

7/24/2013 5:26 PM
If he's been around long enough to be a Rule 5 guy, then he's probably already reached 99% of his development, or he's completely done. He might have a little more room to grow, but probably not enough that I would risk waiving him just to get him back to AAA for more innings. Especially if he's contributing top quality defense for you.
7/24/2013 9:02 PM
Position players can gain "skill" ratings as their careers progress but it's usually in tandem with "physical" decline.    IOW, he might have some glove/arm accuracy growth left(especially if you have a much better fielding coach than he's had) but, if he has any value now, he must clear waivers and be declined by original team before he can be sent to AAA.
7/25/2013 8:23 AM
Listen to greeny. He's 100% spot-on. Personally, I tend to promote young players faster than most owners do.
7/25/2013 10:31 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.