7/25/2013 9:54 AM
B...Strength, GI and Tech are all higher.
7/25/2013 11:49 AM
Actually, B's strength is 21. What kind of offense are you running? 
7/25/2013 3:17 PM
Pritchett.  Not even a discussion point.  I would not worry about 21 STR.  Its not desirable, but his TECH and GI are much better (especially GI).
7/25/2013 6:32 PM

I have to think the previous posters didn't spend much time studying the two players.

I used to play under the old engine and just started playing again with the new engine so not sure if this is still true, but based on my past experience I would go player A.   The sum total of strength, GI, and Tech is higher.   He will be a better player in the long run due to being more balanced.   Player B also has very low WE, too low for me to ever take unless he will start as a freshman.     Also remember that attributes that start especially high won't increase as much or as fast.  Plus Player A has great speed and hands, which do matter.  Player A is the complete package.  Player B will fumble the ball on you.

Project what the attributes will be by the time each player will be a starter and you will have your answer.  Seems like Player A will start his 4th year around a 65/50/60 QB with plus speed.  Give me that all day and I can win with it.  Redshirt him and you've got a great two year starter.

For me, low STR QBs have always been interception machines.  Probably has alot to do with offensive style.  If you only throw short passes then the low STR may be okay.   Has always seemed to me that any one of the three attributes that is especially low creates a very high chance for INTs which will not be overcome by one of the three attributes being espcially high.

Basically give me a 40/40/40 qb recruit any time over a 20/60/40, especially if the first one has higher secondary attributes.   And don't forget about potential, which you didn't mention...

Plus Player A has a mohawk...I mean come on, look at his pic...he is a bad mf'er.

7/25/2013 10:19 PM (edited)
Player B is the better quarterback right now.

However, I would not be surprised if Player A is the better choice next season.

7/25/2013 10:21 PM
Take both.  :)
7/25/2013 10:25 PM
I like A providing he has good potential.
7/25/2013 11:29 PM
What are their potential?
7/26/2013 9:04 AM
Posted by romo7 on 7/25/2013 10:19:00 PM (view original):

I have to think the previous posters didn't spend much time studying the two players.

I used to play under the old engine and just started playing again with the new engine so not sure if this is still true, but based on my past experience I would go player A.   The sum total of strength, GI, and Tech is higher.   He will be a better player in the long run due to being more balanced.   Player B also has very low WE, too low for me to ever take unless he will start as a freshman.     Also remember that attributes that start especially high won't increase as much or as fast.  Plus Player A has great speed and hands, which do matter.  Player A is the complete package.  Player B will fumble the ball on you.

Project what the attributes will be by the time each player will be a starter and you will have your answer.  Seems like Player A will start his 4th year around a 65/50/60 QB with plus speed.  Give me that all day and I can win with it.  Redshirt him and you've got a great two year starter.

For me, low STR QBs have always been interception machines.  Probably has alot to do with offensive style.  If you only throw short passes then the low STR may be okay.   Has always seemed to me that any one of the three attributes that is especially low creates a very high chance for INTs which will not be overcome by one of the three attributes being espcially high.

Basically give me a 40/40/40 qb recruit any time over a 20/60/40, especially if the first one has higher secondary attributes.   And don't forget about potential, which you didn't mention...

Plus Player A has a mohawk...I mean come on, look at his pic...he is a bad mf'er.

Forget everything I said above.  I was looking at this as two possible recruits.  I see now they are both on your team, one a sophomore and one a junior, and you are asking which one to start.    I would go with player B and tailor your offense around a short passing game.

7/26/2013 9:19 AM
After romo "spent some time studying the players", LOL....he is now on board.  :)

Now, I still say you don't need to go with short passing game.  As mentioned before 21 is rather low for STR, but my D3 team tosses it like crazy out the I and Trips and I do NOT focus on short passes.  Its called "go deep or go home".  The TECH and GI will keep the INTs acceptable (in my experience).  My QBs always have very low INT numbers.

As you move up from D3 to D1A, it does seem that STR means more, but that may be more due to all the other attributes "leveling out", meaning that you really cannot sacrifice one attribute entirely just for another.
7/26/2013 11:41 AM
LOL, yes I screwed up and was looking at these as two possible recruits. I was looking at what they would be down the road, and I stand by my analysis if that was the case. Once I noticed that they weren't new recruits I would go with B.  He is probably better right now.
7/26/2013 6:08 PM (edited)
Brad, A  is great  and B is good POT.   they split time last season. A grew about 15 more overall points than player B. The offense is balanced-pass this year due to young RB's if it was the other way around it would be balanced-run
7/26/2013 3:07 PM
and  player A stats are skewed. he had a 600yrd 9TD 0 INT game in the opener against an abandoned team. i played an all pass offense for that game. otherwise stat wise in the split time it looks like Player A hands down
7/26/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by jlg1983 on 7/26/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Brad, A  is great  and B is good POT.   they split time last season. A grew about 15 more overall points than player B. The offense is balanced-pass this year due to young RB's if it was the other way around it would be balanced-run
Then personally, I'd go with A.

7/26/2013 9:03 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.