Worst world experience Topic

And not the guy with 46 wins.

Underhanded Award by LIVE losers - worthy
7/25/2013 9:25 PM

Not saying what you're saying isn't true, just that I recall you getting booted for tanking.

7/25/2013 9:27 PM
Wouldn't have had a problem with being booted if the rules and the process were straight forward. If I won 54 game in BTP, I'd leave no problem. The way they presented their "rules" was awfully fuzzy, and the guys who gladly traded for my veterans were the same guys who claimed to have a problem with people trading away veterans...unless you're the guy with 46 wins, then its okay.
7/25/2013 9:31 PM
That's the sort of problem BSA is facing(and what spawned this thread).   One guy says "I'm glad your daddy died" and the other responds "Well, I screwed your cheating wife.  UNNNNNHHH!!" but they only want one booted.
7/25/2013 9:36 PM
Well, if you only boot one, boot the one with the cheating wife. He needs to spend more time cleaning house.
7/25/2013 9:37 PM
Posted by a_ersberg on 7/25/2013 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Couldn't that team just have been loaded upon creation of the world ?
Dammit, you got me. My whole post was a well crafted lie.

Well struck sir!
7/25/2013 9:45 PM
Cobb. They have(had) a MWR. Until one of the long-time owners (20+ seasons) missed it. Then it didn't matter. Not once. He missed it 3 out of 5 years, and had the #1 draft pick 4 straight seasons. Commish and I called him (them) out on it, but got ridiculed and labeled as trouble-makers. The MWR has since been abolished. The tough thing is, this is where my best team is. But needless to say, this is my last season there. I probably won't even finish the season. F*ckheads. 
7/25/2013 10:16 PM
So the commish says "That's a violation of league rules" and nothing happens?    Yeah, run.  Run away fast. 
7/26/2013 8:19 AM
Between this thread and the one which inspired it, it becomes pretty obvious what the common element / problem / solution in all these cases seems to be.

7/26/2013 9:38 AM
Would that be a set of enforceable rules that are actually enforced by the commish?
7/26/2013 9:55 AM

To be even more simplistic, Strong Commish / Weak Commish.  Rules, firm and hard decisions, no playing favorites.  Owners are going to be dicks to each other, even "nice guys."  We're competitive, and we all think we're smart.  The responsibility of the Commish is to the World and the game.

7/26/2013 10:05 AM

To be fair, I imagine those getting booted within the guidelines of world rules think the commish is a dick for not understanding their "special circumstances". 

7/26/2013 10:18 AM
Sure that's fair. Sometimes a commish has to be a dick.
7/26/2013 10:41 AM
Ha, this topic made me look up my post from 3.5 years.  Still miss that team and world.  I check in from time to time.  The biggest pain is that a few months later they let select public worlds be  taken private as tec claimed they would.

And WIS has gotten WAY better at helping worlds with these issues.

http://wisjournal.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=409213&Page=1
7/26/2013 11:01 AM
Posted by deathinahole on 7/25/2013 4:41:00 PM (view original):
 Richmond Spyders Franchise Profile

Seasons 1 through 12. That says it all.
And the ***** only got 2 rings from that scam, lol....

7/28/2013 4:06 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Worst world experience Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.