Leaving because of a redshirt? Topic

I just redshirted an incoming freshman with my D1 Fordham team. He said he didn't think it was cool that I didn't tell him ahead of time, but his WE only went from 56 to  48, so from my perspective, this is not a big deal. 

My question is - is there a danger he will  transfer after this year? He did not threaten to transfer. My guess is "no", but I wanted to see what others thought.
7/26/2013 8:39 AM
He won't leave
7/26/2013 8:56 AM
I've never heard of anyone transferring because of a redshirt.
7/26/2013 9:32 AM
what they said
7/26/2013 11:08 AM
So even if a guy drops to a 1 on wrk ethic he won't leave?
7/26/2013 1:24 PM
If the players work ethic drops to 1 you need to take off the red shirt or hope to he!! he does transfer.
7/26/2013 3:28 PM
I dont think I've ever seen a guy drop 12 points to what is still a respectable WE #. Normally, he drops to something under 20 every time for me.
7/26/2013 6:11 PM
Yeah - I figured at 48, he's still worth redshirting. 
7/27/2013 8:36 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 7/26/2013 6:11:00 PM (view original):
I dont think I've ever seen a guy drop 12 points to what is still a respectable WE #. Normally, he drops to something under 20 every time for me.
Very often a player who was not notified of the redshirt during recruiting or a player who isn't a freshman will get pretty upset and have a significant work ethic drop like what you said you've seen Poncho.  I would guess that is the most common response and I'm sure at one point or another we've all experienced that same thing.  But there are other times where, although he claims he's ******, you run into a situation like Chapel's where the work ethic drop is relatively minor and is certainly worth keeping the redshirt on, even after factoring in the small drop.  

Chapel, I've never had a player transfer in the situation you're describing and I tend to run into that scenario quite often.  I think you're safe.
7/28/2013 2:18 AM
As an aside, I had a player who complained about the redshirt and his WE dropped.   It never went back up, even when he was  a 2-year starter. 
7/28/2013 7:17 AM
Leaving because of a redshirt? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.