Who would you play at 3B? Topic

Hey guys, a little advice needed. I have a nearly GG 3B (should have got it last year IMO), https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4364041 at 3B right now. He's a great fielder, average hitter at .300/10 HR/60 RBI  guy (though I think the BA is inflated a bit...I think he'll land around being a .280ish hitter). At AAA I have, https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4987412, who I think will give me a little more pop and OBA and be a serviceable fielder at 3B, though not GG caliber. Would you trade Serrano away if you could and call up Alvarez? Or stand pat this year with Serrano, trade him in the offseason, and wait on Alvarez in the offseason?

7/31/2013 10:48 PM
If I could get ML quality back for Serrano, I'd consider trading him.  IMO, he's playing over his head offensively.  If not this year, almost definitely next year when he hits his 2nd year of arbitration.
8/1/2013 11:55 AM
With a Durability of only 69 for Alvarez, you should consider keeping both. Serrano has the skills to give you innings anywhere but SS or C.

I would bring up Alvarez after the 20 MiL days and then try to limit Serrano's ABs to 300 or less so that he does not increase his arb demands next season.
8/1/2013 3:40 PM
I have no clue how Serrano is a career .300 hitter.  I would peg him at .262-.305-.350. 

I love his type as utility guys, but Alvarez  is no improvement.  Keep rolling the dice with Serrano and hoping he keeps up a career-long lucky streak.  + he's a GG quality glove.
8/5/2013 11:18 AM
Who would you play at 3B? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.