Lookng for a guaranteed MLB Contract Topic

I have the #7 pick in an upcoming draft, and have 18M-16M in my scouting budget. The best player on my board is looking for a guaranteed MLB contract. How much is he going to be asking for? I only have 7M left in my prospect budget. I'm willing to pay him most of that 7M, but is there a chance he may want more?
8/3/2013 12:03 PM
He'll want $327K as a salary instead of $7K. And you'll have to put him on the 40 man roster. But I don't think asking for an ML contract is the same as "probably won't sign" where they ask for an huge bonus. Expect it to be above average, but I'd feel confident $7M will get it done.

I'm pretty sure they never fixed the bug that will let you remove him from the 40 man without having to pass him through waivers. If that's true you'll be able to free up the spot on the 40 man right after you sign him.

You will have to pay him $327K+ every season. Once they get an ML contract while in the MinL they get an ML salary every season until they are released.

8/3/2013 2:02 PM
Thanks.
8/3/2013 7:37 PM
Lookng for a guaranteed MLB Contract Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.