Correlation to Assist Numbers Topic

I guess I never really looked into this or paid much attention to the actual stats versus rating but does anyone have a direct idea how the RNG projects how many assists a player gets. Obviously it depends on what offense you run and the stats a particular player has but I just find it weird that my top assisting player on my team the past two seasons has been a bench underclass men. I'm sure since I don't have high distribution for him for obvious reasons he would look to almost pass the ball immediately and therefore get more assists. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful, just curious on what people think. I'm not a guru with posting so not sure how to link my team or players but its my Metropolation team. Thanks.
8/3/2013 2:34 PM
In order (well I think ):

Low distribution
high pass
High ia
Guard
8/3/2013 2:37 PM
To Trenton's list I would add ath/speed...it seems to me if a guard is "less athletic/speedy" they tend to fare better than a faster or more athletic version of the same player when it comes to assists. To be clear, I'm not saying a HORRIBLE ath/spd is desirable, but average/slightly above average in those categories will, I think, out-assist players with good-to-great ratings in those categories, all other ratings and offensive IQ's being equal.
8/3/2013 5:09 PM
Is that because they shoot less?
8/3/2013 6:18 PM
if thats the case TJ, you could also say they draw less fouls
8/3/2013 9:34 PM
Correlation to Assist Numbers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.