salary for great teams in sim league Topic

how do people create teams stacked with talent that are above the salary cap??? I tried to recreate the best team in my league for fun but i barley got halfway through and i was over the cap. ( both salary caps the same 42,000,000 )
8/4/2013 11:13 AM
Theme leagues
8/4/2013 12:46 PM
There's a secret code you get when you mail away enough box tops.

J/k....what sly said.

If you're playing in an open league (42 million cap), try to look at the partial season players for some better min/$ value (1500-2800 minute guys).
8/4/2013 3:07 PM
plus the definition of great should be understood as mutable - a great 42m team exists relative to other 42m teams, a great 52m team relative to other 52m teams etc
8/7/2013 11:54 AM
What do people think is the point from which you can't really become better. I would say, from 60M to 65M are you getting any value or are you already maxed out at 60 or so? For an true all time team this seems like the point where that occurs, but I could be off.
8/7/2013 2:52 PM
It's between 55 & 60 million for 19.6k minutes.

Once you pass that, you can slightly improve the quality of reserves but you'll have tons of wasted minutes.

8/7/2013 4:08 PM
the higher the cap the more the teams start to look like each other in my experience
8/7/2013 4:27 PM
I think in the open non-draft leagues that the teams start to reach usable stat saturation round $55M. Once the teams reach saturated stat's the statistical model that best discribes the league is flipping a quarter. Depending on the theme, I think $48-52M works best. WRT draft leagues, the player pool and single instance availiblty should cap the league and no salary cap is needed.
8/8/2013 7:46 PM (edited)
salary for great teams in sim league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.