Off/Defense Playbooks Topic

Is there a certain trick to getting the right calls and formations for your def/off to be effective? Can;t seem to figure it out. What focuses to use and such. Help would be appreciated...
8/6/2013 11:34 AM
wish i could find more on this... would be a huge help.. because what they have as default def isn't it, no matter which playbook you use. I've had back to back 8-8 seasons with good teams, following all the rules and taking some from what I've seen work with other teams. I'm guessing this is the true secret to winning championships and most don't want to share too much
8/25/2022 3:21 PM
On offense, you could run the 2RB, 2WR, 1TE or 2RB, 2TE, 1WR all the time on 1st and 2nd down. Set the percentage of pass vs run depending on whom you drafted. Set passing to conservative on 1st and 2nd down.
8/26/2022 2:24 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 8/26/2022 2:24:00 PM (view original):
On offense, you could run the 2RB, 2WR, 1TE or 2RB, 2TE, 1WR all the time on 1st and 2nd down. Set the percentage of pass vs run depending on whom you drafted. Set passing to conservative on 1st and 2nd down.
i didn't think of simplifying the playbook all the way down to 1 or 2 formations. Will try it. Thank you
8/26/2022 5:52 PM
it helps... there's also specific value defenses you use ... 2019 TB works .... it allows you to open up salary cap for skill position players. Special teams doesn't matter heavy and kicker/punter doesnt really make too much of a diff but adjust FG furthest attempt thing on coach office page if you gunna go minimum. Then you base the playbook off who you draft... I've done simplified and added... keeping it conservative on 1st and 2nd down is smart. You could tinker with it in the preseaon to see what works and doesn't work... ive saved a playbook for offense that works well for me if I have the right team... sometimes I'll tinker with it during games to make adjustments against certain opponents and then just load up original after. Defense... i use pass focus because lets face it... most teams are pass first teams... and I use my common sense based off the down and the formation im defending against. Hopefully this helps ... not many people helped me playbook wise coming up... but that's the secret once you figure out how to build a team
5/28/2023 12:47 PM
I have just started playing, and compared to HBD, folks here seem to be a little tight-lipped regarding tips and specific playing conditions, opting for generalized answers For instance, there are players (ie Aaron Rodgers, Crazy Legs,...) that apparently play above their ratings.It would be nice to know that So I am guessing, and only guessing since only have one game under my belt, that there are many tricks and secrets but you see it in real NFL teams, and they keep that info classified.
6/6/2023 1:21 AM
regarding certain players:
I don't believe Aaron Rodgers and CL Hirsch play 'above their ratings'. They are merely drafted a lot *because* of their ratings. For example, find all of the QBs with durability at least 90, stamina over 70, passer rating over 85 and INT over 70. Rodgers is the cheapest of them all, and the highest rated (91) accuracy except for Matt Ryan, who is an extra $700K cost. Yes, he *could* get injured (Dur 94), but often he will only miss a part of one game during a season. The guys with 94 DUR can be a good buy,.

Hirsch is simply unmatched; he averaged 22.7 yds per catch in his best season, and he will catch 6 or so a game.
6/6/2023 5:51 AM
Off/Defense Playbooks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.