8/8/2013 3:58 PM
I got my first NC although it was here in Beta it still felt good. I have another chance tonight in Romero and I'm in the semi-finals in another world. All were in D1AA and I'm hoping to move to D1A next season. I know V3 still has some work, but it is looking better.
8/8/2013 4:07 PM
Congratulations Vikesrule69. I think the only way that I am going to win a NC is to code my team to be better. (I'm kidding, I won't do that.....or will I? You'll know next season if I win a national championship.)

Good luck tonight
8/8/2013 5:38 PM
I know you got a lot of work to do, but how long before ratings really make a difference. I know making adjustments to my game plan does make a difference, but lower rated teams still have a chance to beat a superior team.
8/9/2013 12:21 AM
I finally won one in beta last season. 
8/9/2013 10:45 AM
You pretty much won two NC's in Argento since Panhandle State won in DII as well.  You built a large chunk of that team.
8/9/2013 11:47 AM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 8/8/2013 5:38:00 PM (view original):
I know you got a lot of work to do, but how long before ratings really make a difference. I know making adjustments to my game plan does make a difference, but lower rated teams still have a chance to beat a superior team.
Lower rated teams should have a chance if they game plan appropriately.
8/9/2013 1:52 PM
Posted by onside on 8/9/2013 10:45:00 AM (view original):
You pretty much won two NC's in Argento since Panhandle State won in DII as well.  You built a large chunk of that team.
If only I had that kind of luck in 2.0 LOL I'm leading by 10 in the NC game in Romero.
8/10/2013 3:14 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 8/9/2013 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by onside on 8/9/2013 10:45:00 AM (view original):
If only I had that kind of luck in 2.0 LOL I'm leading by 10 in the NC game in Romero.

I feel you on that!

I won the D2 title in Craven yesterday, and got the D3 title with Dubuque in Hooper today! Defense put up a goose egg too!

8/10/2013 3:26 PM
Posted by jaylien1 on 8/9/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
All the gameplanning acumen in the world should be meaningless if the talent gap is wide enough.
8/10/2013 3:33 PM
Posted by bjaygee on 8/10/2013 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jaylien1 on 8/9/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
All the gameplanning acumen in the world should be meaningless if the talent gap is wide enough.
+1000
8/10/2013 4:14 PM
Congratulations, but the sad part is that you probably haven't learned a thing. I've got 2 beta NCs, and I don't know any more now , than before beta started.
8/10/2013 11:16 PM
I've learned stuff, but I couldn't tell you what. I've only had 2 losing seasons in..many seasons worth now. So I've been consistent, but it been a different deal every year. 
8/11/2013 1:16 AM
i lost in the nc today because my opponent and i were going back and forth with changing game plans right before the sim. Unfortunately I was 15 seconds too late with the final change.

"test game" = good
"test game with current game plans" = STUPID
8/11/2013 4:08 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 8/11/2013 1:16:00 AM (view original):
i lost in the nc today because my opponent and i were going back and forth with changing game plans right before the sim. Unfortunately I was 15 seconds too late with the final change.

"test game" = good
"test game with current game plans" = STUPID

I didn't change anything. I just wasn't going to let you sucker punch me like you did my conference mate in the final four with that Shotgun all run game. I had the defense loaded for it and as soon as I saw that you switched from the pass to the run, I hit save.You didn't change anything at halftime. 

You had a better shot going all pass against my all pass defense. It was a good game and I appreciate the competition. Good luck next season, I'm taking my title and running to D2!

8/11/2013 4:18 AM
Posted by cebrake on 8/10/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Congratulations, but the sad part is that you probably haven't learned a thing. I've got 2 beta NCs, and I don't know any more now , than before beta started.

That's not true as I've learned plenty. However, the game is in a constant flux and what worked last season doesn't always work the current season. You have to adjust your game to what works and stick with that as unconventional as what works may in fact be - even if it's a Wishbone deep passing game.

I'd also point out that a lot of people don't want to play humans and actually learn by game planning against human competition. I constantly have request for games against human coaches rejected and watch as their next season non conference schedule gets stacked with Sim's! If you think you can win your conference and get a play off bid than I don't see why you wouldn't load up against human non conference games.

of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.