Tell me again why this is a .240 hitter- Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Nick Servais  When asked in world chat I got a clue, "his ratings are mediocre, he's way over-rated, playing in LA, SSS. etc."  A more specific question is why did his ratings increase fairly significantly between season 6 & 7 but his ave. drop almost 30 pts and 30 more from 7 to 8(all in LA). Just hoping to learn sumpin'.
8/9/2013 6:46 PM
I think that is a .750 ops type of player.  If it were me id totally try to trade that guy for me he doesnt hit well enough to play 3rd or rf and cant field enough to play ss or 2nd or cf Id try to get value when hes young.  just my .02 
8/9/2013 7:10 PM
I've had success with those type offensive ratings before.  The only thing I see is a high temper rating, which added to his average patience rating is a strange combo.
8/10/2013 12:27 AM
i think he has way more value then Brian thinks.  He is a super GG 3b with a decent bat for that position, and I have had real good success with those dudes at CF, and his bat is SS type there, and even GG too.  His arm makes up for his range at CF.  And heck his defense would be insane good at 2B, with a better then average bat for the position too.  Id love to have a dude like that.  Though he will ask for a lot at FA time, prolly pretty close to 10 mill.  Worth it though.  
8/10/2013 1:01 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a very good player, just not a superstar bat.  To answer the IP, his .240 average might be due in part to park and league factors but I would think he's a bit better than that, just not a consistent .300.  He's probably capable of a few breakout seasons here and there in counting stats depending on the lineup around him, but not long term consistent slugging because frankly none of his hitting ratings are elite... he'd be more of what you want if a few of them were in the 80s.

I would guess his ratings increased in season 7 because that was his jump to the majors, playing time, and likely improved coaching.  His average dropped from facing much better pitching over the long term.

Ultimately the guy is an all-round good player, but a lot of his valuable ratings are in categories that don't really improve his hitting.  A bit of a letdown from a first overall draft pick, unfortunately.

8/10/2013 10:05 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.