ok...prolly a dumb question, but.... Topic

say i found that my opponent always passes out of pro set....do i want to set my D to always pass or would i potentially be giving too much cushion in press & heavy pass is better option? 

like i couldnt find one example of a run in that set.....
8/13/2013 8:31 PM
Bueller.....
8/13/2013 10:02 PM
First let me preface this by saying you have way more experience at this game than I do jmcgarry. So take it for what it's worth.
That being said, I'm leary of ever using the "always" tab on DEF. Heavy seems to work well for me.
8/13/2013 10:58 PM
In my experience it depends upon the type of defense you run and the players you have.  It also depends on if the offense is usually going short...or going for the deep stuff.  I will often use Always Run, but I never have used Always Pass.

THEORETICALLY, the Always Pass setting puts your DBs well off the LOS to give a big cushion.  Always Run puts them up closer to the LOS.

My logic says that if I have speed in the secondary, then I can probably move closer to the LOS and still not get beat deep.  Without looking at your players, I would think something like Nickel Balanced Balanced might be a good choice.
8/14/2013 6:35 AM
i typically play a base 4-4 / Pass / Balanced on D for Pro Set / I Form sets.....so my thinking is 4-4 Heavy Pass or Nickel Pass to combat an always pass PS set?
8/14/2013 9:24 AM
I never use the 4-4 on passing downs or when I think the other guy is going to pass.  So I would vote Nickel Pass in your case.
8/14/2013 5:47 PM
its actually pretty successful given the lineup.....i form / pro set usually a conserv passing approach anyway so zone w/ front 8 actually works
but im leaning to using nickel given the unlikely run in this case & pressing a bit more...thanks
8/14/2013 5:57 PM (edited)
ok...prolly a dumb question, but.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.