8/16/2013 10:19 PM
So what is the trick to knock sims off of a recruit at D1A in this POS beta game?   Is it this bad in the current version where there are no undecided players at the D1A level or is it just in Beta?  It didn't seem this bad at the other levels, but my usual recruiting strategy is getting blown all to hell!
8/16/2013 10:55 PM
Significant amounts of sims can create the situation where it seems everyone (or literally everyone is) is interested in 1-3 schools. There seems to be differing vesting amounts per recruit too. 
8/16/2013 11:15 PM
Yes and in general, it is taking a much larger $$$ committment to dislodge any sim.  Something must have changed in the algorithm
8/16/2013 11:56 PM
Definitely harder to knock off SimAi at D1A...I still haven't turned one green yet.  With 18 schollies to fill, I have a feeling this isn't going to turn out well.
8/17/2013 1:11 AM
This isn't much different with the current 2.0. The better and higher ranked the player the more it takes to knock off the sim. In 2.0 it can take 20K easy to knock sims off a top 10 position player and sometimes more if they are a top 25 overall. Beta is not different from 2.0.
8/17/2013 3:56 AM
I disagree completely Katz.  Been at tons of D1 schools and something has changed dramatically in V3.  I'm not talking about Top 10 position guys here.  
8/17/2013 9:08 AM
I loaded up 16 recruits with between 17- 24 official visits, a combo of 2-5 AC/HC scouts, promised starts ad playing time to most of them...I now have two green recruits, 12 yellow, and less than $25,000.  Something is definitely different.  Also, crazy that my team is having this type of difficulty with the #2 WIS ranking last season and #14 the year before.
8/17/2013 11:24 AM
With all due respect katz, only 2 of the recruits I am after is ranked in the top 10 of their position and all but 1 are within 180 miles of me.  Offering 15-20 CV's, PT and freshman starts and still not green.  That is just a bit too much in my opinion!  Especially when there is not one single undecided to fall back on unless you go down to D1AA recruits that are terrible.  I have never had this kind of trouble previously, V2 or with V3 up to this point.
8/17/2013 11:43 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue as jhard and have never had this kind of problem previously.  Something's gone wonky.
8/17/2013 11:49 AM
Posted by cougdawg on 8/17/2013 3:56:00 AM (view original):
I disagree completely Katz.  Been at tons of D1 schools and something has changed dramatically in V3.  I'm not talking about Top 10 position guys here.  
I agree with Robb, there's something quite different going on here.
8/17/2013 3:37 PM
I have a team at all four levels and it appears that the problem is at D1 and 1 AA.  Here is the example that convinced me.  Normally I can dislodge three sims on a kicker just by offering a start and 75% PT.  I can't crack the "considering" group with 75% a start and FIVE CVs.    It's waaaaaaay different.
8/17/2013 4:12 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 8/17/2013 11:24:00 AM (view original):
With all due respect katz, only 2 of the recruits I am after is ranked in the top 10 of their position and all but 1 are within 180 miles of me.  Offering 15-20 CV's, PT and freshman starts and still not green.  That is just a bit too much in my opinion!  Especially when there is not one single undecided to fall back on unless you go down to D1AA recruits that are terrible.  I have never had this kind of trouble previously, V2 or with V3 up to this point.
If this is what is going on then something has changed. Differences at 1A may be that no team really has any coach prestige as no-one has been there long enough. It just goes to show that recruiting, as much as some think it is just fine, is as broken, and in need of fixing, as the rest of the game.
8/17/2013 6:37 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 8/17/2013 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhunterz on 8/17/2013 11:24:00 AM (view original):
If this is what is going on then something has changed. Differences at 1A may be that no team really has any coach prestige as no-one has been there long enough. It just goes to show that recruiting, as much as some think it is just fine, is as broken, and in need of fixing, as the rest of the game.
Yeah I think that is what I am trying to say Katz.  I wonder if in the tweaking there might have been something done inadvertently to impact recruiting. That is the only reason I have posted.  Just to give Oriole a heads up and to see what he says.
8/17/2013 7:44 PM
At Bama last season I signed everyone I wanted (all top 10 players) and none took over 17k to sign.  Several in the 10k to 12k range. That was coming off a 2-11 season (best season a 7-7 record).
8/17/2013 10:49 PM
Posted by cadelu on 8/17/2013 7:44:00 PM (view original):
At Bama last season I signed everyone I wanted (all top 10 players) and none took over 17k to sign.  Several in the 10k to 12k range. That was coming off a 2-11 season (best season a 7-7 record).
I did the same in Carpenter last season.  This season in Bava, I'm at an elite, have close to $30K in several recruits and still can't shake sims.  Something got changed.
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.