The season has rolled over but not all of the teams are filled yet but you can still click on your free agents and see their demands.

A player who would not sign with me last season and used to say he wanted to see what UFA would bring.

Now the player says " I'm not signing with a team just so they can trade me for a boat load of prospects in two months". He also has a 2 year salary demand, of course it is all in dark grey so I can't click on anything to actually sign him.

Will he sign with me or is that just his starting salary for negotiations in UFA?
8/18/2013 11:52 PM
Unknown, but probably the latter.  You can't know for sure until budgets are set.
8/19/2013 8:16 AM
Anyone else have any experience with this, as I would like to be able to make an educated guess as what to do with my budget.
8/19/2013 10:39 AM
What dedel said.    If he didn't decline in ratings, he's likely going FA. 
8/19/2013 4:36 PM
I've had that happen a few times and never had them sign.  Just something WIS does to amuse themselves and frustrate us.
8/19/2013 9:40 PM
Almost every season I've had an FA who says they won't sign, and then when the world roles they say they will or might sign.

Lies. All lies. They never do.

I've never offered any of them stupid big money. So I don't know if you can offer so much they'll take it. I have offered over demands at least once. They went FA anyway.

8/22/2013 1:47 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.