GPA gone for internationals? Topic

Used to be that international recruits had GPAs - you could see them only in compare recruits

Not there in Rupp - when did they go away?  anyone recall an announcement of the change?
8/19/2013 5:55 AM

I've seen the caliber of players you recruit.  Don't pretend for a minute that you're suddenly concerned with academics!

8/19/2013 7:59 AM
I noticed that in Tark too.  If you send a ticket, then they should make a note in the release notices.  Something changed.
8/19/2013 8:03 AM
I remember a few months back someone noted that you could use that method to see GPA for international recruits.  I believe seble noticed the post and said he would fix it so you can't do it anymore.

This is a clear example of them making a change to the game and never telling us about it.  I don't see why that is ok.  Anytime something like that changes it needs to be communicated to everyone.
8/19/2013 9:58 AM
What is so bad about being able to see an international recruit's GPA that Seble had to "fix" it so it's not visible anymore?  We can see the Puerto Rican kids GPA's but since we can't FSS them, they may as well be considered "international" as well.  Too many damn inconsistencies in this game.
8/20/2013 5:54 PM
ive sent seble a few glitches in the last 6 months, too, most notably, a free scouting trip glitch. seems like he is all about fixing glitches, large or small. always gets to them promptly even. which is good, i guess. just a shame he doesnt consider his horrible recruit gen change a glitch... or have time for anything else :(
8/20/2013 6:17 PM
free scouting trip glitch?  how?  free pizza too?
8/20/2013 9:32 PM
he fixed the bug, but i was thinking there was a pretty good chance you could get free effort too.. and i never finished my exploring to find it for sure, which made it hard to verify there might not be an issue anymore after he made the fix. it was just like 3 months ago. anyway because im not sure there arent other glitches like it left, id prefer not to say how it was done. but essentially you did not get the effort side of scouting trips, you just got the information from it, which, of course, is pretty damn valuable, especially for internationals and distance recruits! it wasnt quite unlimited but i feel like a sophisticated approach could definitely yield a hundred thousand dollars worth of free evals, at distance. i actually calculated a near optimal exploitation (balancing risk and reward) could safely yield 500K-1 million in free evals over the course of a recruiting session. even with just starting with it, without trying to perfect the method, i could get tens of thousands of evals free on the two phelan teams i was exploring it with. i lost a lot exploring, trying to test my theory that the glitch might exist - way more than i benefited - but it was really about the fun of the challenge and making sure others weren't abusing it, as its a pretty substantial advantage.

i thought there was a pretty good chance you could get free effort using almost inverse methods to the ones i used, but i didnt take the time to figure it out before i reported it to seble. i did send him a pretty long, detailed summary of how i would fix it, which it appears to me (in a small amount of testing) that he at least did something very similar, if not identical, to what i suggested. and i definitely took the possibility of free effort into account in the fix, so i think its pretty safely gone.
8/21/2013 12:51 AM
If you're sure it's been fixed, why not post it here?  That way, when some of the coaches who inevitably try it to see if it is indeed fixed, and then find that it wasn't, can let Seble know again so that it does get repaired correctly.  After all, it's not like we haven't had to play beta tester before.
8/21/2013 12:59 AM
Because, generally, many exploits branch off the logic path of one. If he mentioned it here, the first thing you would have is a bunch of people running around trying to break the system to get an edge in recruiting. Honestly, surely there will be some anyway. I would think the last thing you would want to do is send those people down the right path. It existed and now it's fixed. That's good enough for me.
8/21/2013 5:50 AM
emy, like noleaniml says, its the logic path not the specific issue im worried about. the specific issue i found, the way i did it, is fixed - but i dont that all issues in that family are definitely resolved. i didnt really try very hard, i had found this right before the multiple team thing so by the time he fixed it, and recruiting rolled back around, i already had one foot out the door. really its only because it seems seble made the change i suggested that i have any reason to think the whole family of issues is cleaned up, "pretty safely gone" was probably a stretch. theres a good chance its fixed, i just didnt want to seem too pessimistic, or something... whatever. i didnt personally try anything but to make sure the first issue i found was gone. 
8/21/2013 8:49 AM
why did that format so  weird.. blank lines and the random tab... i cant get rid of it on edit... oh well
8/21/2013 8:49 AM
GPA gone for internationals? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.