Just a quick, semi-pedestrian question from someone who has been playing GD for going on two years now:

Which teams are the elites again?  Penn State, Ohio State, Nebraska, USC, Notre Dame are the ones that I can remember.  Can anyone fill in the hole(s) for me?

Thanks, all.

8/19/2013 7:15 AM
Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
LSU
Alabama
Tennesee
Nebraska
Texas
Oklahoma
USC
Florida
Florida State
Miami

I think that is all of them.  
8/19/2013 10:26 AM
Oddly enough (or not), the top 14 teams in the Bryant World preseason poll are the 14 elites.

But the smart money is on Navy ... right, logan?

8/19/2013 4:59 PM
99.5% of the time, elites in ALL worlds will occupy the top 14 spots in the AP and coaches preseason polls. (Only time I remember an elite not in the top 14 is when ebel purposely trashed ND in one of the worlds to see what would happen.)
8/19/2013 8:41 PM
You know it, tribewriter!

Great job last season, by the way.  Don't win an NC too soon, though :-)
8/20/2013 8:45 AM
I did … with your quarterback! Thanks!

I recently checked the list of top 10 most winning teams in I-A to see which non-elites were on that list in the most worlds. The Cal Bears were in the top 10 in four worlds, most of any non-elite.

Boston College and Army in three worlds, Navy in two, Georgia, Washington, UConn, UCLA, and Syracuse in one each.
11/25/2013 2:59 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.