Who do you think is the better SS. Both have great bats, and both have been inconsistent, one season one puts up far superior defensive stats and the next he is atrocious and takes a back seat to the other. Of course both are below average but both wield a bat worthy of the position.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4692930
86, 75, 90, 86

Or

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4904515
83, 81, 82, 81

8/20/2013 1:12 AM
They're both gold glove 3B. If I was forced to play one at SS, I'd take #2 because he has a better chance of not flat booting the ball up front.
8/20/2013 9:38 AM
I'd take #2.  75 glove at SS scares me away from #1.
8/20/2013 10:01 AM
And now that I said that, I noticed that #2 has been a worse defender at SS.  So I dunno.  
8/20/2013 10:06 AM
1 is the better SS; he has done exactly what I would expect, which is have a solid number of (+) plays (glove and AS both slightly above recommended) and a lousy fielding percentage (glove well below recommended).  He's a touch below average, since he's +6 but has made about 12 more errors than an average SS would.  I'd take that defense with that bat.

2 has also done exactly what I would expect, which is to have the same fielding pct as (1) (because their glove + AA is about the same) but be ever so slightly (-) in +/- (range slightly above expected, AS slightly below).  I bet if you read play-by-play you'd find 2's errors were more damaging, because a bobble is almost always a one-base error but a wild throw is often a 2-base error.

1 at short, 2 at 2B/3B, and the overall quality of play at both positions is outstanding given the bats in question.  Since (1) has only 70 DUR, (2) can be his backup, although I'd carry a defensive SS on this team to give (1) some innings off in close wins or blowouts.

Also, I'm not sure what possessed you to send (2) to the minors this season.

8/20/2013 10:19 AM
Those are all my thoughts, the problem I have found with 1 is that those single base errors, if they happen with a man on its a run scored. I sent 2 down to the minors to work on his defense for a little, but it didn't work because I had to keep deactivating him so he wouldnt get fatigued later in the year when I called him up. Obviously I'm joking and this was the last season I could possibly send him down to lower his service time so that I get another 300k season out of him, believe it or not I havent had a single injury worthy of 15day dl to send him down in the last two seasons.
8/20/2013 10:57 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.