My crazy idea for the day... Topic

Had a flash of inspiration, so I thought I'd share and see what others thought...

What if, in a one-a-day world in HD, the games were set up more like GD. Instead of waking up in the morning to see your full game sitting there waiting for you, instead you would find the first half of your new game...you could then read through the box score, tweak the defensive positioning and distribution on your own (as opposed to letting the AI do it)...you could also change your distribution and depth charts to better exploit foul trouble, defensive weaknesses that manifested themselves in the first half, etc.

You would also be able to input your first-half game plan for the next game, so that when you woke up the following morning you would see the second half of one game and the first half of the next contest.

Obviously this sort of format would only work for 1-a-day worlds (I'm sure you could shoehorn it inot a 2-a-day world, but it seems like it would require frequent check-ins by the coach. I'm not quite sure how you'd handle a major injury that occurred during the second half of a game, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what folks thought of it. Not that WIS ever is around enough to make a change of this scope...
8/20/2013 2:58 PM
it would be cool, except ... I don't know if I would want to change anything from the first half, especially if I'm losing by 15.  Because, when I open the 2nd half PBP, I either watch my 40 point lead switch to a 40 point loss in which I come from behind and win by 2,  or if I'm trailing by 40, i end up winning by 80, while nothing was altered by me. 

It is still cool though, Rednu, for the season or two I played with GD, I liked it (even though, honestly, I didn't know what I was doing) - If the RNG was cut down a bit, I could see this being pretty cool, because strategy would have to be the main benefactor without a hinderence of the RNG ... but then again, the engine would have to change for 2 a day worlds too, and that would make things all cooky.  However, what do I know about all this coding stuff - in Lamen's terms, I like your thought Rednu
8/20/2013 3:46 PM
I like knowing my results right away....hell I want a 3 a day world before this lol
8/20/2013 8:19 PM
Posted by rednu on 8/20/2013 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Had a flash of inspiration, so I thought I'd share and see what others thought...

What if, in a one-a-day world in HD, the games were set up more like GD. Instead of waking up in the morning to see your full game sitting there waiting for you, instead you would find the first half of your new game...you could then read through the box score, tweak the defensive positioning and distribution on your own (as opposed to letting the AI do it)...you could also change your distribution and depth charts to better exploit foul trouble, defensive weaknesses that manifested themselves in the first half, etc.

You would also be able to input your first-half game plan for the next game, so that when you woke up the following morning you would see the second half of one game and the first half of the next contest.

Obviously this sort of format would only work for 1-a-day worlds (I'm sure you could shoehorn it inot a 2-a-day world, but it seems like it would require frequent check-ins by the coach. I'm not quite sure how you'd handle a major injury that occurred during the second half of a game, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what folks thought of it. Not that WIS ever is around enough to make a change of this scope...
I like the idea! although hog brings up a good point...we'd probably end up over-correcting every day rather than help the team.
8/21/2013 10:12 AM
My crazy idea for the day... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.