I am relatively new to this in my second season in a couple of Worlds and jumped up to D2 in one.
IF you are a battling 1 Sim for a player and it is past the start of the signing period and even if the player keeps giving you
the "you are tops on my list" line--IF I don't spend anymore money--is there any chance he will sign with me before the end of the  signing period or am I just out of luck if I have run out of money to spend on this player?
I have spent over $9000 on him with 6 campus visits, 2 head coaches visits, and a guaranteed freshmen start. This 1 sim I am battling has been sim coached for 5 or more years and was 6-7 last year and was ranked 114. It is not like it is a great team I am battling. I just got back the "I wonder what the campus looks like" message and am just about out of money.  IF I send another campus visit--which would put me over $10000 spent on him--it would just about break me. IF I was certain he would sign--I might do it--but can't take the chance. Has anybody had a player sign when still battling a sim without spending anymore money?
8/20/2013 5:14 PM
Sims don't spend money, they spend recruiting points. If you don't knock them off early they keep spending until out. No way to know if they are out. In the future if battling sim you have to knock off in the first few cycles. 3 CVs on the first or second cycle usually does it.
8/20/2013 7:39 PM
And I'm surprised 6 CVs didn't already do it regardless.
8/20/2013 7:41 PM
Also don't waste money on HC visits. Only thing to use are AC scouting trip and CVs. IMO.
8/20/2013 7:43 PM
Sent the 7th CV and it still didn't get him to commit. Got the dreaded "Just say the word and I'm there". Don't have the money to do anything else.
8/21/2013 3:59 AM
It is easier to turn a player that is considering 3 Sims than a player that is considering only 1 Sim. That 1 Sim can be as tough as battling a human. Usually need to hit player with 2x the recruiting effort.
8/21/2013 10:46 AM
1. If you are gonna promise him a start, might as well promise him playing time as well.

2. If you offered him a scholarship, he should have sent you a letter back telling you if you are ahead or behind. If you are ahead...you don't "have" to spend more money to get the recruit, but you should never let a SIM recruit hang around. If you are behind after that 7th CV and don't have any money to even send a playing time promise...then you are cooked.

8/21/2013 11:43 AM
8/21/2013 10:09 AM majique
How do SimAI teams recruit? Do they dump all their money at one time or do they keep pumping money into recruits throughout the recruiting period until they run out of money?
8/21/2013 2:28 PM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

SimAI schools do most of their recruiting before recruiting starts. When they are still considered by recruits the SimAI teams will continue to do some recruiting. Sim AI schools are not impeded by distance and do not have a budget limit. The only real control is that they have a limited amount they will add to a recruit each period.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
8/21/2013 3:37 PM
how did you spend the CV's ---- all at once OR 1 at a time

I'll send 1 AC and 3-5 CV's all at once --- have to knock em off within the 1st 2cycles or it gets more difficult and costly
8/21/2013 5:28 PM
Posted by romo7 on 8/20/2013 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Sims don't spend money, they spend recruiting points. If you don't knock them off early they keep spending until out. No way to know if they are out. In the future if battling sim you have to knock off in the first few cycles. 3 CVs on the first or second cycle usually does it.
FYI - SIMs never run out of action points (i.e., effort).  They get a set amount of effort to spend EACH CYCLE based on the number of scholarships they need to fill that season.  They spread their action points out among the recruits considering them.  As they are knocked off more and more recruits, they get to spend more and more actions points per recruit still considering them; it can be quite a bit if they have a lot of scholarships to fill (which is why it's imperative to knock them off early).

As someone else said, you need to send 3-5 CVs all at once, not one at a time.
8/21/2013 9:15 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.